• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Is Blocking Me Using Photoshop. Why?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About two weeks ago I keep getting an error message that my adobe photoshop CS6 software is not genuine.  It was purchased in 2012 legitimately and when activated as done so through Adobe support.  A copy of the message from Adobe is underneath this question.

I contacted the number on this message twice when answered was told it was the wrong department, they transferred me and I was on hold for over an hour each time without anyone answering when I gave up.  On the third time I requested a call back from the 'proper' department but never received one.

I then contacted live chat (It is still open after four hours) but no-one responds.

Troubleshooting through adobe help/contact I found the most relevant department phone number on 1800 614 863 and again the consultant said it was another department.  I pleaded with him not to transfer me as there was no point as nobody answers but he transferred me anyway and after 30 minutes of no answer I gave up.

The serial number indicated in the messages as not genuine software is not the same as the serial number that I purchased or that is recorded in my account on adobe photoshop.  I guess I have two questions.

1.  Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem?

and if not

2.  Can anyone give me a number at adobe that someone can actually assist me?

Tx

Andrew

The Adobe software you're using is not genuine.

How did this happen? Non-genuine software is often sold by unauthorized resellers or auction sites. Computer resellers sometimes install it on their hardware. Resolve this issue by buying genuine software that's reliable, secure, and supported by Adobe.

• FIRST YEAR OFFER

Creative Cloud All Apps

Get the entire collection of 20+ creative desktop and mobile apps, including Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator.

A$72.59/mo. - incl. GST    Buy now 

Only genuine Adobe software gives you ongoing access to the latest features and updates.

Not ready to buy? Start a free trial ›

Questions? Speak with an Adobe customer care representative.

1800 875 573    |    Your ID: 402K8Q01VF

..................................................................................

ProductSerial numberLicensing statusTampered software
AcrobatPro 10.************************************Fail
Illustrator CS6***********************************Fail
InDesign CS6***********************************Fail
Photoshop CS6***********************************Fail

Message was edited by: Trevor Dennis Serial numbers removed by mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the correct phone number for Adobe Australia I believe. You have now posted your serial number in public, so if it was valid before, you’ve lost it now! Very bad choice!! Still, I find the same number on a Chinese web site 4 years ago. This suggests that either your serial “escaped” and is now blocked, or that you were sold a pirate copy which is now blocked. Counterfeits are now frighteningly realistic, a “legitimate purchase” is no guarantee of a legitimate sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  The serial number published is not the serial number of the software purchased - it is the serial number that adobe has spit out to me in their email.  The serial number that is entered on my pc is the one purchased.  I think it may be a generic email from adobe and they just put a random number down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew did you register your purchase?  It will be there under My Orders on you Adobe account page complete with the correct serial numbers if it is genuine and you registered it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

When I go into my account/orders on my account it shows no history.  However when I first purchased the software there were some issues so I created an adobe case and have confirmation of the order, a case number and serial number confirming it is a legitimate copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andrewp65557179,

as you may have noticed, this is mainly a user-to-user forum. We can't really help you with your issue,
since we ACPs (acp-badgemay2016_shortened.png) are no Adobe Employees (staff-badge_shortened.png)

The only way to get this resolved is through the Chat. You could also try tweeting at @AdobeCare​​ if you
own a twitter account.

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can give you an answer but, you may not like it. This seems to be a problem with ADOBE not the software as many others (including me) are having the same issue with software purchased DIRECTLY from ADOBE. Apparently, ADOBE wants EVERYONE to "Subscribe" to their service and the only way to assure compliance is 'Sabotage' your previously purchased software and claim is it not Legitimate so you will be forced to buy their service. I know it is a dirty trick but it is hard to fight it. The best solution is to install the software on a machine WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION and no means to connect to prevent 'covert' tampering. This is the only way I know of to keep ADOBE's fingers off your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that would be a dirty trick I think the would be unlawful  and Adobe would not do that.  If you installe it on a machine with or without an Internet connection without activating it. The install will be a trial install and not work for long.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy from directly from the adobe website and paid nearly $1000.00 and have run into the same problem, with ADOBE ignoring every attempt to resolve the issue so you tell me what the deal is. I have the EXACT SAME COPY on a machine without an internet connection and it works just fine no 'Trial'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe do not sell Photoshop any more. Creative Cloud is subscription only. What is the ancient version you are trying to install/activate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines