• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new iPhone results in all images in Camera Roll reuploading to Adobe Cloud

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently replaced an iPhone 6 with an iPhone 8.  The 6 had "Auto Add Photos" turned on, and this was working as expected...the images were syncing to Adobe Cloud and to LR Classic CC.

I set up the iPhone 8 by restoring from a recent iCloud backup of the iPhone 6, so all settings and the photos on the 6 were carried over to the 8.  When opening LR CC on the 8 for the first time, I needed to log in to my Adobe account again.

As soon as I logged in, the iPhone 8 started to upload ALL the photos on the 8 to Adobe Cloud and then to LR CC Classic.  But all the photos had previously been uploaded from the iPhone 6, so I had many duplicates as well as "new" photos (that were photos I had deleted from within LR CC Classic).  This is fixable, but will take me some time.  It also was cumbersome to deal with the fact that the iPhone 8 had more than 20GB of photos/videos on it, so during the upload process I needed to delete videos to make room for the sync to complete.

Is there a way to avoid this, so that when a new phone is purchased, LR CC doesn't see all the photos on the new phone that were transferred from the old phone as "new"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like an iPhone question.

Official iPhone Support Community - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not so sure.  It's Lightroom CC that is seeing the phone as "new" (for the purposes of sync).  I don't think Apple has much control over show software written by 3rd parties deals with changed hardware.  Within the Apple universe it has control over that, which is why it's so easy to move to a new iPhone and have it look like one's former phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. This is a design flaw in Lightroom CC on the iPhone when you have the "iCloud photo library" option turned on which mirror all the images across devices. It should recognize all the images it wants to import are already in its catalog from before on the previous phone but it doesn't. This is why I was forced to turn off "auto add" as it messes up every time I get a new phone or iPad. Really what I want is an option to only upload newly taken photo roll images and to ignore the 1000's of images that have been there for years before you even got the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines