• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 serial number not working on new macbook pro (Sierra)

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help. I contacted the adobe support chat line and phone number. Both were NOT helpful after more than an hour of chatting and then an hour wait on the phone. Only to find out after another call that my Lightroom 5 is not supported through those avenues.

I bought the Lightroom 5 installation CD a while back. I just bought a new macbook pro and forgot that it doesn't have a CD drive. I am not planning on buying a CD drive anytime soon. I've downloaded Lightroom 5 multiple times as a trial through the appropriate link:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

But when I enter the serial number it says that my serial number is not valid! And to contact the support team.

Does this mean I have to buy a new product?!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. I just upgraded my iMac and I'm trying to install Lightroom 5 from the installer that you can download from the Adobe website. When I enter my serial key it's telling me that it's not valid. I'm hoping that there's a solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you downloaded LR 5 and not LR 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer is titled "Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg"

Found here Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of your operating system do you use exactly on your iMac?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since obviously you have downloaded the LR 5 installer, and your serial number isn't working, then it is likely that this is a serial number from some other version of Lightroom. You need to find your LR 5 serial number, and be 100% sure that it is for LR 5, and use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this same issue.  I bought a new MacBook Pro and have successfully installed Lightroom 5.7.1 which is the SAME VERSION I have on my old computer.  I can log into my Adobe account and see my serial number listed for Lightroom 5.  However, when I enter the serial number it says "The serial number you entered is invalid.  Please try again.  If the problem persists, contact Customer Support."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines