Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 64 Bit + Nvidia GTX 1080 + Photoshop CC = No 3D

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

After may hours scouring google search results looking for a solution to my problem ith Photoshop CC - i'm completely stumped.

I was using Photoshop CC quite happliy on windows 8.1 until my SSD died.  Having lost the windows 8 disk, I installed windows 10 64bit onto it, and then re-installed all my software.

I have 2 Nvidia GTX 1080's - and I cannot figure out how to get Photoshop to actually let me tell it to use the graphics card acceleration.  Everything is greyed out - all the 3d settings, performance settings for Graphics Processor Settings.

It has blank under Detected Graphics Processor, and Use Graphics Processor is greyed out.

I have checked windows updates, and GEForce drivers - all up to date.

I don't know what else to try other than go back to windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to disable other cards in your setup. See this information for details.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes gener7 is spot on. Photoshop does not play nicely with two GPUs. If you follow section 7 in the link he posted you should be OK

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help gener7 and davescm - I disabled SLI and restarted photoshop and it was able to detect the GPU.

If I re-enable SLI, it won't detect it.

Its the only application that has a problem - all my other apps work fine with SLI enabled.

Being a game developer, this is a bit of an inconvienience.

In the NVIDIA profile, I set it to Single-GPU for both sniffer and photoshop - but this doesn't work either.

I also tried renaming sniffer after turning sli back on in the hope that it would keep the settings from before where it had detected a graphics card, but it seems photoshop does graphics card detection, and therefore still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines