• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest LightRoom v7.1 crashes Mac, High Sierra - adobe SEGV faults

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me Adobe LightRoom has become unreliable and unstable.  On occasion a LR crash has brought down my system..  I expect I am not alone in seeing this.. or perhaps I am just lucky?

Does Adobe engineeering take core dumps? or traces?

System:

Mac OS High Sierra, v 10.13.2

iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Processor: 4GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

I have a suspicion that LR/Adobe is not handling spawned threads properly to exec plug-ins and external editing. I am toggling in/out of PerfectlyClear (latest version) and Photoshop.

--Eric

EXAMPLE #1 :

Process:               Adobe Lightroom Classic [12115] Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom Classic Identifier:            com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7 Version:               Adobe Lightroom Classic [1148620] (7.1) Code Type:             X86-64 (Native) Parent Process:        ??? [1] Responsible:           Adobe Lightroom Classic [12115] User ID:               501  Date/Time:             2017-12-28 19:42:14.691 -0500 OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.2 (17C88) Report Version:        12 Anonymous UUID:        40D52B55-9408-2C02-7EB9-A1956627E268   Time Awake Since Boot: 440000 seconds  System Integrity Protection: enabled  Crashed Thread:        38  Worker Thread  Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000010e4173c0 Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY  Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11 Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]  VM Regions Near 0x10e4173c0: -->      __TEXT                 000000010e422000-000000010e43e000 [  112K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom Classic

EXAMPLE #2

Process:               Adobe Lightroom Classic [31309] Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC/Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom Classic Identifier:            com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7 Version:               Adobe Lightroom Classic [1148620] (7.1) Code Type:             X86-64 (Native) Parent Process:        ??? [1] Responsible:           Adobe Lightroom Classic [31309] User ID:               501  Date/Time:             2018-01-06 18:49:47.636 -0500 OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.2 (17C88) Report Version:        12 Anonymous UUID:        40D52B55-9408-2C02-7EB9-A1956627E268   Time Awake Since Boot: 690000 seconds  System Integrity Protection: enabled  Crashed Thread:        60  GetWarpedSourcePipe_B (thread index 3)   Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY  Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11 Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

####

Stack backtraces are available

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not much about either iteration of Lr that I don't know.

I used it for years right up and thru Windows 10 Pro.

I now use them on a new iMac and MacBook Air. (10.13.2)

Lr Classic Ver 7.1 and Lr CC Ver 1.1 + the Mobile app.

That said: I haven't a clue what your post is for. We are not mind readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The point of the post is to report a series of crashes that originate from within Lightroom code. ...and to determine if others are encountering similar.  .. mind reading not required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Computer problem.

You will find other post similar to your but in the end it comes down to problems with your hardware.

If you don't switch between LR, Perfectly Clear and PS and only have LR open does LR crash?

If you run that P C software or PSby itself do you have any problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the problem occurs as a result of running Edit In (Perfectly Clear) and returning control back to LR. The SEGV fault is likely a thread timing/interaction issue --  just a guess from a quick scan of the backtraces in the coredump. I do not think my hardware is causing the problem.  Up until the more recent version of LR and Mac OS, I did not encounter these crashes.  Note I will be in contact with Perfectly Clear support as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should report this over at the official feed back forum.

https://feedback.photoshop.com

This is a User to User forum and not really monitored by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines