• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Audio Quality - background hiss

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When recording audio in Captivate, a noticeable hiss is in the background. I have tried 4 different microphones, both USB and the type that plug into the microphone port on my Dell laptop.

I normally record audio at FM quality. I have tried recording in Near CD Quality and CD quality, but the results are the same. All other audio settings are at the defaults as I do not know enough about them to want to tinker.

Test recording in Windows Sound Recorder produced a cleaner recording, particularly with the USB headset mic.

Any thoughts?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lyafa

Any thoughts? Sure!

Perhaps record in Windows Sound Recorder to get the cleaner audio, then import into Captivate?

You might also want to download and try recording using Audacity. Then create .MP3 from Audacity and import into Captivate. Click here for the Audacity site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Captiv8r's thoughts on Audacity. I've noticed the same background hiss when trying to record in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes outlet jacks are the source. When I record, I have to do it on my unplugged laptop and unplug everything else in the room as well... the annoying, and unacceptable hissing and humming goes away. Just a thought and worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, dpatrickm!  Your post solved the mystery I was struggling with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources