Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exif data completely wrong from LR CC desktop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When exporting from LR CC desktop to my local hard drive every picture date is set to export date, not original date taken. How do I set my LR to include original EXIF-date data when exporting to local hard drive?

Thanks.

Magnus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't play around with EXIF data that much, so I can't give you a lot of help. But every image that is saved from Lightroom CC to your desktop is a new image, and your operating system timestamps it accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it’s a new image/file but the EXIF from the RAW-file should be carried over to the Jpeg. Every other RAW-converter does this. Even Lightroom Classic. Usually the exported EXIF contains dates for ”picture taken”, file crated and file changed. Files exported from CC sets all these three dates to the same date (file export date), which is not the way iy should be. With this flaw, I can never open an exported jpeg and check when it was taken.

Please, can an Adobe tech engineer confirm this is the case with LR CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the forum where it's best to make those kinds of suggestions:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm not an Adobe engineer but I can confirm that the capture date IS supposed to be included when exporting from LRCC. I've checked it on several images and can confirm that is the case. So, what tool are you using to check the EXIF dates of the exported file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just use command-i on MacOS when a jpeg is marked.

I have an automator-script that renames any image (from a camera) to ”date taken + original file name” where the date taken part is extracted from the exif. This is how I noticed it was something wrong with the exif in the exported files. Very time I used my script the files was renamed to export date.

I will try a 3rd party Exif reader to se what actually is included in the exif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure that Cmd-I doesn't show image capture date, it just shows file created date and file modified date.

Let us know what you find out from your 3rd party tool, but both Lightroom Classic and Jeffrey Friedl's EXIF viewer both show the correct capture date on files exported from LRCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I notice the same issue. The export JPEG does not contains any exif metadata. I read them from the Mac Preview App.

Has anyone a solution to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines