• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Issues

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to import some photos and a warning message pops up and won't let me import the photos into Lightroom.

"The following photos were not imported because their paths contain backlashes"

Just wondering what is wrong and if I can fix it. I can import into Camera Raw but not Lightroom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With ACR there is no import per say the raw file is opened. On the other hand Lightroom has to import the raw files into its data based Catalog file, this is done via a number of options, add, copy, copy as dng, move.

If you are copying or moving, this requires saving the raw file to an alternative location / folder and that error refers to that process. You may need to correct the path or select an alternative location to copy the files to.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What OS are you using?

AFAIK a Back slash ( \ ) or even a Forward slash ( / ) is not allowed in a FILE name with either Mac OS X or Windows. In Windows the back slash character is for separating folders in a PATH.

Like C:\FolderName\SubFolderName and so on.

Simply remove the back slash from the File Names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines