• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add typing?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to this app and am trying to add writing to a logo design but don’t want to have to hand draw it. Does anybody out there have any suggestions? The font apps for the iPhone don’t appear to be high enough resolution and I’m out of ideas. Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

I'm sorry, there currently is no text function in Draw (or Sketch) so any text either needs to be drawn, or brought in to an Image Layer.

In order to import it into Draw, the file must be in your Creative Cloud Files folder. You can either place the image in that folder by dragging it to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop or by logging in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/files https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and dragging it into the Files f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, there currently is no text function in Draw (or Sketch) so any text either needs to be drawn, or brought in to an Image Layer.

In order to import it into Draw, the file must be in your Creative Cloud Files folder. You can either place the image in that folder by dragging it to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop or by logging in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/files https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and dragging it into the Files folder. Once it's in that folder you an bring it into a drawing.

I hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am curious if there is a reprisal to this question with Fresco in the mix now??

I like lettering, which is why I am using Fr, but some large blocks of text would be faster.  

I'd love to cut back the steps. 

Thx!
CLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While there is no type tool in Version 4.5, there are other Adobe Mobile Apps that are available for free, and can sync with your CreativeCloud account that can help you set type.

Check out: PhotoshopMix (Photoshop Mix (Mobile app) )

Photoshop Mix is for making edits to photos, but has the added benefit of a text engine within the app!  All you need to do is save your text layer separately, then import it to Sketch or Draw as an image.

Also Check out: Adobe Spark (Make Images, Videos and Web Stories for Free in Minutes | Adobe Spark)

It is a little more difficult to put into your Adobe Draw workflow, but it creates type as well with some interesting preset compositing styles.

Adobe Spark has the added benefit of being both on mobile and on browser (FREE).

You can't merge projects, but you can certainly get usable type design from them.

LAST (but certainly not least)

Check out Adobe Capture (Adobe Capture )

It isn't really a "TYPE" option, but if you want to photograph some text for placement in your work, Capture is a great tool to help you get there.  **It's an app that you should have on your mobile for several creative tools**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non it's the same has having a type tool... I nead to put text in comics and picture books and I need to test it during the illustration process,  and the workflow it's terribly slower and annoying if you have to jump from app to app all the time! Hugely missing type in Fresco!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rosa. 

Type is coming to Fresco. 

Hang in there. 

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now I'll be using photoshop for iPad, but I nead to upload my tff font to the cloud and the referee upload button isn't there. I should see:  “4. Under Browse Adobe Fonts, tap Active Fonts Not On This Device.” on my creative cloud

can you help me on this? Thank and thanks for your previous reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines