• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG to PDF with Color Adjustment

Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past I would receive pdf scans to work on. These were Epson color scans to PDF. These scans are of a publication from the 1920's. What I do is compile the pages into one issue. This is done from Photoshop (after making adjustments) and then compiled in Acrobat. This issue is known as an Original  Raw newsletter.

I received a batch of scans in JPG. This work was done overseas taking months for the worker to accomplish. I am unable to request another effort at scanning.  An Epson scanner scans as is in color. The material I received must have been shot with a digital camera.

What I need to do is somehow 'colorize' the jpg so that it looks like my sample. I fiddled around with adjustments and at best all I could accomplish was to apply a photo filter, warming filter 81. It's that these JPGs  (digital camera shoot vs scanner scans) are missing the feel of the color/PDF scans. Let me know if there is a method to alter the  JPGs? And if so - can it be done in a batch run? I have a few thousand JPG that I need to give those shots a feel as though they were scanned.

Thanks!

DSCN2307.JPG

DSCN2307-filter81.jpg

This is my sample, a PDF scan saved as JPG to fit upload criteria:

mehermessage-v2no2001-167.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

The Spot Healing brush is done manually, as usual. When I wrote that an Action could be created I was referring to opening the orange file, adding the type layer from your file of b&w pages, choosing the Blending mode and saving the file as a jpg and moving on to the next b&w page in your file of pages, repeating the sequence until all the pages have been processed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The »scan« (or whatever it is) seems to me, quite frankly, to be far from good work.

It has apparently been done without black-backing and subsequently the print of the backside is prominently discernible.

Have you paid for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The work is a volunteer work, non profit organization.

And I end up working with what comes to me to fix.

Thanks for the feedback.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:13 AM, c.pfaffenbichler <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bkgd blank.jpg

Is this the background on which you want to place your type for all the pages?

If so, you can remove the existing type with the Spot Healing Brush, working with small increments, and then (assuming the type file is black-on-white) place the type layer above it with the Blending Mode set to multiply. This could be accomplished with an Action.

example small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will hit correct answer.

First a comment:

Yes this is exactly what I need to do.

To place the type on the background as demonstrated in your response.

I have several hundred pages - however considering what will be the outcome - it will be worth the effort to create that old yellow look.

Great job, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I failed in attempting this action using the Spot Healing Brush and Blending Mode.

Is there an article that I could reference on how to perform this action?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Spot Healing brush is done manually, as usual. When I wrote that an Action could be created I was referring to opening the orange file, adding the type layer from your file of b&w pages, choosing the Blending mode and saving the file as a jpg and moving on to the next b&w page in your file of pages, repeating the sequence until all the pages have been processed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines