• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic to CC is there a way to keep folders

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have around 50k pictures arranged on my hard drive mirrored in Lightroom Classic in folders (I shoot for animal shelters so need to keep them organized).  I just tried to migrate to CC and just have 50K pictures in one location.  Is there a solution to keep my folder structure or am I expected to go through 50K pictures and put them in the new 'Album' structure?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before Migration you have to drag them into Collections (and thus make them) as per detailed here:

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

I haven‘t seen any advice on how to fix this once Migration has been done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

I assume Migration completed? If so.....

After asking about Victoria suggested...

In Classic (with Sync on), create Collections from your Folders (see link above) and enable sync on each Collection.

This should then sync those Collections to the to the Cloud (as Albums) and re-populate them with your photos.

Note that any Folder hierarchy won’t sync though, and will have to be re-created.

Give one or two a go first and let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. We had a ringworm ourbreak at the shelter so spent yesterday disinfecting everything and didn’t get a chance to try. I will get on later today and see if I can get it to work.  Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that!

I wanted to give you some extra information/advice  Sarah after discussing with others.

When Sync is turned on after a Migration, everything should relink okay. There have been some instances though where virtual copies have been created and this seems to be due to a change of GPS data on those photos.

It is issues like this why Adobe don’t recommend using Classic and CC together I guess and why this ‘fix’ isn‘t documented.

Just wanted you to know that turning back on could cause other problems but you may take that gamble as opposed to organising 50,000 Photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines