• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 Software Simulation not Recording Full Screen

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record a Software Simulation in Captivate 7 it does not record the full screen. When I make the recording the red box shows that it should be recording everything but it does not. It cuts off the bottom and right hand parts of the screen. Sometimes it even shows the red line in the slide. I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING and can't figure it out. Any help would be great! Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending hours on this problem, someone in our office FINALLY figure out a work around. This doesn't seem like a final solution but it works for now. Here it is!

The “Fix”

Set your screen resolution to something woefully below what our computers are capable of – I used 1280x720 in my test. Set your recording window to something smaller than this – I used 1200x6-something – to account for eventual GUI additions. Captivate recording captured everything as you’d expect the program to perform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While it seems "woefully below" what your own computer may be capable of, consider that what you are creating will be played back on other computer and device screens. While things created at a fantastically large size may look fine on your screen, if someone trying to play it back on a smaller screen they will likely not experience things in an acceptable manner. And something created at a large size will always consume more space as the files sit on the server. This means they will also take longer to transmit and produce a sub-optimal experience for users with slow connections.

Just a few thougts to consider... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good thoughts, Rick, and those are good design considerations for many widely distributed projects. However, it doesn't answer the underlying question: why does recording fail at higher screen resolutions? And is there a way to correct it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only speculation would be that perhaps the developers never really considered that folks would be attempting to record at those resolutions. But that's just pure speculation on my behalf.

At minimum you should consider reporting it as a bug to Adobe. Who knows, after reporting perhaps they will come back to you and ask more questions or offer advice.

Click here to visit the Wish Form/Bug Report

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link, Rick. I reported the issue and will reply here if I receive an answer from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have you got a response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

The software is totally counter intuitive and I am in my trial month.

Won't be spending any money unless i can capture what the red box is showing that I will capture.

Rather stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your monitor display percentage set to 100% or something higher than that?  Check in the OS settings.  That might account for your issues.

On your other points regarding Captivate being 'unintuitive': Any powerful and complex software can seem mystifying when you haven't learned how to use it.  I find many people on this forum have never taken any training to use Captivate and that accounts for a large percentage of the issues they experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will not capture appropriately at resolutions over 1280 and tends to have issues if you have extended your screen over two monitors.. I had the same problem and changing the display settings worked perfectly. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources