• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush strokes problem

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I've got an issue with my brush tool in photoshop. Some time ago when I was drawing ilustrations with my Huion tablet, all of lines made with brush tool seemed sharp and clean, when I was using less pressure, lines just become smaller and smaller, till they couldn't be smaller, but they were still strong in color and they had full, 100 % opacity, but now when I'm using the same brush tool with the same brush presets, lines getting smaller only to some point, and then they get smaller AND less sharp and it ruins completely this inking pen/comic lining feeling that I'm craving for in my ilustrations. Do any of you by an chance know what can be the problem? I don't remember changing any of the settings in photoshop and I've already tried to reset my brush tool and even reinstall whole photoshop and nothing seemed to help..szkic 2.pngrightmost zigzag was drawn in Windows Ink, while middle and leftmost one were drawn in photoshop, the difference can clearly be seen. Also, gray lines in the back are all drawn with brush tool set to 100% hardness, just with less pressure, and thats what I'm talking about, they are gray and transparent, not pure black as before in my former drawings.
For example look at this image I've painted about two weeks ago, and check the soliddnes of even the finest lines on the arms and near the eyestadpole smaller size.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Tools option bar for you brush.  Make sure your overriding onle Brush size and not also overriding brush opacity. Additionally check you Brush palettes transfer settings the control brush opacity and that the brush tip hardness is 100% hard and spacing is  reasonable not 1%.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't help becouse I've already checked all of the settings related to brushes that I could think of, but nothing helped in my case..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you search for problems on Huion's web site?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the brush panel remove the check box in the shape dynamic and it will work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it won't I've tried all of this already..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. Around Christmas someone else had this issue on a Wacom, I can't remember the name of the thread for you to check it for a solution sorry. If you Google 'jaggy lines photoshop brush' you'll get plenty of others with the issue though.

I haven't had it happen in ages *touch wood*. I see you mentioned Windows Ink. I always disable Windows Ink via the Wacom control panel then delete the Wisptis.exe from my Windows System 32 folder (I wouldn't do this if you're not sure it's the cause though.) when I re-install Windows etc. and doing this has also reduced the amount of times I get the random full opacity thick blob stroke.

This is with Wacom like I said although if you have the option to disable Windows Ink on your Huion control panel you might try that or you could check the multitude of other threads for tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've tried reinstaling drivers, turning ccompiter off and on, and even reinstaling whole photoshop, so it has to be some issue with the program itself, or with my system I think, I will try to find the answer by myself, but thanks for your encouragement HothWampa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cezaryg,

Sounds like you already uninstalled and reinstalled but did you remove the existing preferences during this process? Anytime Ps or Ai is doing something out of the norm, I uninstall and remove preferences before reinstalling. Helps me most of the time

What about Huion? Do you have the latest drivers?

Hope you find this helpful!

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines