• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Not the right kind of document" Error

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere photoshop decided that it doesn't like dds files. Every time I try to open one I get this error: "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". It started doing this today. Yesterday it was working fine opening every dds file I needed. So what gives? How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't open dds files on its own. Were you using a plug in - such as NVidia's texture tool? You may want to check that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It looks like NVidia's DDS plugin is no longer working with Photoshop. I just reinstalled it to be sure, and I'm still getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spoke too soon — I was able to fix it by reinstalling the plugin and specifically choosing the plug-ins directory during installation. By default it installs to the root Photoshop directory, which doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines