• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixel art gets all mashed up and converted when animating in timeline.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've made a pixel fire animation, yet when I use the timeline to play the layers accordingly it makes it all blurry, as if it's tring to smoothen it. Is there any way to turn this off since I'd like to keep clear pixels.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Right, my bad I see it would have been hard to understand from what I’ve wrote right there. basically when I played my layers that were about 20x15 pixels in the timeline, the pixels would get distorted the same way as if you‘d scale a 2000x1500 version of the same image to 20x15 without selecting ‘keep hard edges’. Now I’ve exported the whole thing as a gif and it turns out the smoothened, blurry version was just a preview, when I play it on my desktop it’s fine and dandy. Thanks for the consid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Without some further detail, e.g. screenshots of the issue and how exactly you have made the file (and at what settings you have used) we would be guessing at the problem. Can you please help us to help you by giving some more detail.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, my bad I see it would have been hard to understand from what I’ve wrote right there. basically when I played my layers that were about 20x15 pixels in the timeline, the pixels would get distorted the same way as if you‘d scale a 2000x1500 version of the same image to 20x15 without selecting ‘keep hard edges’. Now I’ve exported the whole thing as a gif and it turns out the smoothened, blurry version was just a preview, when I play it on my desktop it’s fine and dandy. Thanks for the consideration though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem - I'm glad you have it sorted

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines