• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture Time on Metadata

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work out how to add capture time to my metadata preset. At the moment its either blank or some random 2015 date? I know how to add on one individual image but is there an easier way when I import?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these images from scans or shot with a digital camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are imported off the SD card from my DSLR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the Capture time should be included.

Date Time.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to work out how to add capture time to my metadata preset. At the moment its either blank or some random 2015 date? I know how to add on one individual image but is there an easier way when I import?

There is no way to add a specific capture date/time to a metadata preset.  You can set the field IPTC Image > Date Created in the preset, which will add that specific date to the photos' IPTC Date Created field. But unfortunately, there's a long-standing bug in LR, where changing the IPTC Date Created field doesn't change LR's notion of capture time in the catalog, and when you export the photo, the value set by the preset will be overwritten by the catalog's capture time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines