• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Flash Player page not showing current version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ABOUT flash player web page is not showing the current version of Flash installed on my computer. It shows all the versions available but not the current version. It used to show a little square that said you had a certain version and I believe it told you if it was out dated. The current version was sometimes a little late in popping up on that page and now it doesn't show at all.

It does show on the Flash Player Manager page.

Here is a screen shot of the ABOUT page.

Thank you,

I am using Windows 7 SP1 with IE11

TomS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I will notify the team responsible for this page.

<edit>
I was able to reproduce on Win7 w/IE - ActiveX Filtering disabled and Shockwave Flash Object enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Could you let me know when it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The "version information " is a swf that will be loaded only if you have Flash Player installed on your system. Please check if flash player is installed on your system or not, as I am able to see the widget.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Player on my computer

Flash 2.jpg

Flash 1.jpg

as you can see by the screen shots. So one minute it does not show the SWF (Small Web Format) and then the next minute it does. SOMETIMES! As you can see by the screen shot taken right after the first one.

Flash 3.jpg

So, I HAVE Flash Player installed on my Windows 7 SP1 with IE11 desktop and the SWF (Small Web Format) of the version will not pop up when I click on check for updates, and then it will pop up.

Thank you,

TomS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is currently being worked on.  I don't have an ETA of when it'll be fixed, but will post back here when it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He is not alone I have downloaded the adobe 28 at least four times and refresh my computer and nothing! i need it for school..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce (see my 1st reply).  The team responsible for this page is working on fixing it, however, I do not have a estimate as to when it'll be fixed.

In the interim, you can try using a different browser.  Chrome embeds Flash Player in the browser, so you won't need to install Flash Player for Chrome.  However, Chrome does block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it, per site.  See Google's help page Using Chrome on roaming user profiles - Chrome for business and education Help for instructions on enabling Flash in Chrome.

Alternately, you can also use Firefox and then download and install Flash Player NPAPI plugin for Firefox.  As with Chrome, Mozilla also blocks Flash on Firefox.  See Firefox's help page Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for instructions on enabling Flash on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download a new version it does download onto my computer but does not show up as a SWF (Small Web Format) or widget or pop up when I check for updates, and it does not do that all the time. Some times it does show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a global content distribution network comprised of thousands of machines to serve this website.  In this instance, it sounds like there's a node that's not quite synced right.  I'm guessing that this has already automatically resolved itself, as they do check themselves for consistency and pushes take a while to fully propagate out over that large network.  It sounds like you're hitting the bad node sometimes, and a different good node sometimes.  This is all generally transparent and related to real-time load and network conditions.  It's all pretty squishy to try and figure out from where you or I sit.

Anyway, the version page itself is kind of inconsequential.  I imagine that you're trying to actually get something done that's still not working.  It might better to talk about that, if you're still having issues.  If you're seeing the same inconsistent behavior on actual content that you care about and you haven't rebooted the machine, that's probably step one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue literally for years. At some point it simply stopped working for me, and I can't recall that since then it has ever worked. It simply never shows the installed version of the Flash Player. I have to right click on the yellow 'Update Now' button to get the context menu, at the bottom of which is the 'About Flash Player...' line with the version number.

I know that Firefox in some instances refuses to use an out-of-date Flash Player for security reasons, but even after updating, if I return to the About page, the box which should show the installed version information remains empty. Also, the 'Advertisement' box near the top of the page, which always starts with the bouncing Flash Player cube, which is a Flash object, practically always appears, before being replaced by a standard Adobe advertisement, which is not Flash based.

I have the same issue with two completely different systems, a notebook running Windows 7 Professional with Firefox ESR 52.9.0 64-bit, and a desktop pc running Windows 10 Professional with what ever the latest non-ESR Firefox is currently (no access to that system at the moment).

I'm replying to this, because Adobe's answer seems to be that a node is simply not functioning, but A NODE not functioning should never be more than a transient issue at the worst, unless the entire delivery system is very poorly designed.

I can't say that I have had any issues with Flash not working outside of the About page, although I'm not certain that I would necessarily notice that. From what I've read recently Flash is being used less and less these days, and that might be one reason for not encountering this issue noticeably elsewhere.

Just my $0.02.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like you installed a non genuine Flash plugin, a malware or thing like that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEVER download Flash Player from anywhere other than the Adobe site, EVER.

Since this issue has been occurring, I have made many updates to Flash Player. It seems VERY unlikely to me that I have some extremely devious malware which updates itself each time I attempt to update Flash Player.

Also, Avast and Bitdefender anti-virus searches (all files - just recently changed from the former to the latter) have never found anything of the sort. In fact, on this PC I have never had anything other than false-positives. Never any malware of any kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is you issue occuring on all websites with Flash embedded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. The strange thing with the Adobe About page is that it appears that the Flash object loads, but is simply does not output the version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a known issue with the System Information widget on the Adobe - Flash Player page. This has been escalated to the responsible team to fix.  Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for when it'll be fixed.

Alternatively, you can use one of the following methods to determine which version of Flash Player is installed:

• Use the Flash Player Settings Manager installed by Flash:
    • Mac:  System Preferences > Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab
    • Windows: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items > Flash Player > Updates tab
      • Note that on Windows 8 and above, the embedded Flash Player ActiveX version will not display in the Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab
  • Any browser: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
    • Note that Flash will need to be 'allowed' on this page for the widget to detect that it is installed and which version is installed
  • Chrome: navigate to chrome://flash
  • Firefox: navigate to about:plugins
  • Safari: Preferences > Websites > Plug-ins
    • If Flash Player is installed, the version will be displayed in the bottom left in the 'Plug-ins' section of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines