• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loupe view grey for several seconds during quick triage

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched...but this is a hard one to find the right keywords for.

I'm on a reasonably quick MacBook Pro. Photos on external hard drive. More specs if you need them.

I take a lot of photos and I triage them regularly in loupe view flagging the ones I want to come back to later.

I recently turned smart previews on because I was tired of waiting for the image to de-pixelate while I was quickly tapping through them.

Unfortunately, every so often (sometimes every 5-7 images) the screen turns grey for a few seconds:

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 8.39.16 PM.png

This is annoying from a efficiency standpoint. Its also annoying because the UI keeps accepting input while it is grey. If I dont stop tapping fast enough, I might cycle through several images and have to figure out which image was grey so I dont miss any images.

Anyone know if there is a setting that makes this work better? Some workaround or better way?

Thanks,

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your system is being overloaded.

It could be the drive read speed.

It could be available RAM issue.

It could be overloaded processor.

It could be overloaded graphics issue.

Could be any combinations of those, or more.

Could you use the Activity Monitor on your Mac to determine what is causing the slowdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines