• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Draw crashes.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is Draw crashes on opening, hence it is not possible to access any of the work on the account.

I have reloaded the app. to no avail.

I have installed it on another iPad to no avail. Although it did allow me access long enough to delete the last project in case  that was the issue.

( it wasnā€™t ) then it crashed.

I have another account which works perfectly.

I donā€™t have any problems with any other Adobe apps such as Capture.

Thanks Steve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

The Adobe Draw and Photoshop Sketch updates (v4.9.7) have been approved by Apple and should start being available to you soon in the App Store.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve.

Sorry Draw's crashing. I'm actually starting to hear this frequently....

Although you wouldn't be having any problems with the Capture app, are you using Capture CC for shapes/graphics capture?

If you are using it, please sign in to https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/libraries with your Adobe ID and tell me how many Capture shapes you have in any SINGLE Capture library.

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

Thank you for your reply, yes I am using Capture for graphic/ shape capture.

The largest single library has 109 shapes in it.

Regards Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve.

OK. That's what I expected. I've been posting these instructions in a lot of places so the word will hopefully get out about what's going on and how to fix it until a fix is implemented in Draw. Here's what's going on:

Because of the way Draw loads Capture shapes/graphics, Capture libraries with a lot of shapes in them are crashing the app. The Draw team is working on a fix but for now there's a workaround. The shapes/graphics don't have to be deleted but they do have to be "spread out" among multiple libraries.  Instead of having all 110 of them in single library they must be moved into about four separate libraries. It's a bit time consuming to move them but easy to do.

Here's what to do (it's easier on a laptop/desktop computer but it can be done on your iPad)

* Go to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries

* Tap on the library with your shapes (this is when you'll see the list you posted above); the screen it opens on will show all of that libraries assets

* Each asset has a small pulldown triangle in the lower right corner. Click on that.

* From the menu that opens choose either Archive (if you no longer want the shape) or Move (to move the shape to a new library)

* After clicking on Move, a new menu will open with the ability to drop the shape into an existing library or to create a new one.

You'll want to create about 3 or 4 additional libraries (each with about 20 to 25 shapes). You only have to be concerned with shapes. No other Capture assets are problematic.

This will resolve the crashing you're experiencing. Let me know if you have ANY trouble moving assets or ANY questions. And let me know how it goes.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

That all worked well.

Thank you very much, I wouldnā€™t have considered the issue being due to management of images in Capture.

Regards Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Steve.

Thanks for letting me know.

Glad it worked. It is a weird one. And I believe it's scheduled to be fixed in the next update. In the meantime, just keep the shapes in Capture to around 25 or so and you'll be okay.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having similar issues but when I try to follow these steps I do not see a small triangle beside each item.

91A3E927-5FCC-43BB-B347-60818665BBC4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita.

A couple of things:

The Libraries module on assets.adobe.com has changed and no long has either the dropdown arrow or the Move function.

More importantly, though, this post refers to a bug that was in a previous iOS version of the app. If you're using Draw 4.6 what you're experiencing is likely not related to the same bug.

Please give me a bit more information about what's happening with the app and what version of Draw you're using so I can help determine what's going wrong.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using adobe draw on my ipad pro and im trying to apply opacity to the image but everytime i try that, it is crashing and shutting down. How can i fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to edit a layer my ipad glitches out and i'm not able to transform it, mess with the opacity, etc. any time i double tap the layer it closes the app on my ipad. i already tried restarting my ipad and reinstalling the app and nothing helped it. i'm not sure if it's a bug or something, and i can't figure out how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to get worried. I'm using adobe draw on my ipad. It's been working totally fine until last night ..tried to go back to my work, tapped on a layer to edit and it stopped the whole app. 

Tried again..same thing 

Uninstalled and reinstalled ..same thing. 

Tried a new project. Tapped on a layer to edit ..crashed again. Sometimes it doesnt save the last test doodle 

Please can you tell me how to fix this

I have a deadline.  other  than the uninstall/reinstall method what else is there to do to get the app working properly again. I rely on his app for my work 

Look forward to hearing from somebody

Thanks in advance 

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in belgium :belgium: please help us! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same in korea!!!!! Please solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but we gonna have to get answers cause it's been a whole 42 hours since mine been not working because of this bug and I have to get back to my Mother's Day picture for my mother so please we need answers!!!!! 
oashean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when Apple might go ahead and approve and then the update go through? Sure would be nice to get back to work. Thanks very much for any information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I click on a layer, it kicks me off the app. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mali5C1F @Jannsen5CA1 

The Sketch/Draw team submitted an update, with a fix for this crash, to the App Store yesterday late afternoon.

We are waiting for it to be approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long will it take for it to be approved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We are still waiting for the crash fix...havent been able to work on my projects along with others, and we have deadlines

Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Draw and Photoshop Sketch updates (v4.9.7) have been approved by Apple and should start being available to you soon in the App Store.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for letting us know. How do we know when the update is available. Do we need to reinstall it again and then it will be fixed or is there another way? 

Any more advice would be great. 

Thanks in advance

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines