• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open jpg files

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with photoshop with the jpg files.

When i try to open a file, the message is "Can't open it because the file doesn't exist"

I've try to do it in all the possible ways. The file can be opened in another computer, i have problems only in mine.

thank you for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we help you? You provide no useful information. All we can do is give you a link to the guideline you should use here Guidelines & Tips for the Adobe Forums

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file can be opened in another computer, i have problems only in mine.

So the file may have been damaged in transfer … how did you get it to your computer (mail, server, …)?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have generated the files. The problem is with all the jpg files, no only with one file. I can open psd, tiff and all the rest. i can open the same file in psd format, but not in jpg. It's crazy....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the page JJMack  has provided a link to and come back with more pertinent information.

Have you restored the Preferences yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanb96583991  wrote

i have generated the files. The problem is with all the jpg files, no only with one file. I can open psd, tiff and all the rest. i can open the same file in psd format, but not in jpg. It's crazy....

Please help I failed every English course I ever hat to take.  I can not make sense of what you write.

"The problem is with all the jpg files, no only with one file. "  ??     Which  is it?

"I  can open the same file in psd format, but not in jpg."   Photoshop is an image editor it edits Photoshop Document .   It can open image files into  Photoshop as Photoshop Documents  So you can to be work on you image document.   Photoshop can save out image files like PSD, Jpeg, Tiff, Png etc.    These are different Image files formats they are different from each other and have different support.  PSD and Tiff supports layers.  Jpeg and PNG file do not support layers.  Png file format supports Transparency and 16bit color Jpeg file formats  does not support transparence and only supports 8bit color.

An Image in a PSD file and an image in a Jpeg file may be of the same scene. However; the file contents are not the same and can be very different.  A jpeg file can not have layers or transparency or 16 bit color a PSD file can.. 

If you have a PSD file of the image can you open that PSD into Photoshop as a Photoshop Document and save out a jpeg file that you can open in Photoshop, as a Flat Photoshop Document?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with illustrator, even though I haven't never had this issue in the past 10 years.  I'm on illustrator cS5, I have a brand new computer, Lenovo, running win7 professional. When I try and open a high resolution JPG file (5000x3000, downloaded and paid for from Sutterstock), I get an error message "Can't open the illustration"  I can open the file in 10 other programs, but not with illustrator.  I'm getting the same message with other JPG files in illustrator, all of which I can open in the same other 10 programs.  I just rebooted my computer 2 days ago.  It's been happening only in the last couple of months.  I'm not sure when the last operating system update was, but I'm usually up to date with those.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have problems with Illustrator please post on the Illustrator Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack, hi.

I have a similar problem. I'm trying to import photos from my iPhone to Lightroom. Most of the photos imported without problem.

But there is a group of photos that appear on the screen as JPEG icons, without a photo. The actual photo does not open. Any suggestions?

Happy Thanksgiving.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 11.58.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't.  I do not use LR.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just do the second ...
open the JPG with oureo progama and save the image with another name ... and Ready problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines