• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorization Code for CS3?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden photoshop CS3 on my mac requires an Authorization code for it to work - i have the serial and activation nos. I've searched the forums and haven't found a fix - has anyone solved this? - adobe chat directed me to the forums??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your search was poorly done Adobe retired the CS3 Activation servers. CS3 Activation Server Retired

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we get an authorization code? We had our computer for 10 years, and crash a few days ago. So please help us with the authorization code. Here how you can get a hold of me. fingerlakeswwcd@gmail.com My name is John thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your old serial you should be able to download the new CS3 Inatsller and get the installation code. Please follow the links  Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Adobe makes that a hard task for Adobe want you to subscribe to the creative cloud.  I was able to somehow find the correct link and download CS3.     CS3 is a good version of Photoshop but not as good a versions of  Photoshop like  CC 2014.   If CS6 was still marketed it would be your best options.   Adobe Photoshop quality seems to be sliding down hill IMO.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have same issue.

Did you uninstall cs3 and reinstall the new cs3 from adobe?

Did you lose anything after uninstall and reinstall?

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install the new CS3 download on Windows 10.  However, I have uninstalled CS3 Its old and was not working all that great on Windows 10.   I also no longer have CS2, CC, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017 installed.  I'm down to  CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018.   Adobe is sill fixing bugs in CC 2018.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for quick reply. I do have win10. I am 80 and just would be happy to continue using cs3. What kind of probs did you experience with cs3 in win10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For starters CS3 is a 32bit Application can not even access 4GB of Rams and in CS3 there is no GPU support, ACR is at version 4.6. On the bright side is it was a very good version of Photoshop has some old features that have been removed and does not have the bugs introduced in the newer versions of Photoshop. Old software is better off use on machines running the OS version the software was released for. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines