• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat pro unable to open attachments

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and have recently began having issues opening attachments.  When clicking an attached file we receive the following error:

Adobe Acrobat cannot open the file attachment because your PDF file attachment settings do not allow this type of file to be opened.

I have gone to Preferences and Trust center and have verified the checkbox is checked for "Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications".

Anybody have any other ideas on how to open the file attachments?

Thank you,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We got the same error as Taylorworks when opening an .xlsm file with Acrobat 11.0.23 I clicked the Help button on the message , which takes you to https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/attachments-security-risks-reader-acrobat.html

This file explains the restrictions, and provides steps to modify the "black" and "white" lists. Basically, it says to right click on the attachment and choose "Open Attachment", which will give you a dialog box of options. I do not get a dialog, just the same error as when I tried to open it.

I tried the solutions in the links you provided; none worked. I did not try editing the registry, as this is not practical for us; we and the customer have many installations of Acrobat and for the most part do not have the ability to modify the registry.

Do I need a later version? This is a huge issue for our customer, the US Air Force.

Thanks, Debra Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debra Lee,

I have sent you a private message, please check the inbox for the same.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam: Here is the error I get when I try to follow the steps to allow Acrobat to open an .xslm attachment:

XLSM_Attachment_Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I click the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html and sign in I get the following page. There is way to choose Acrobat.Choose.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines