• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOCKED:"find the plan that's right for you." NONE ARE. What now? A suggestion.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message to Adobe:

That is a quote from the subscription page when I went to purchase Lightroom Classic CC.  That is all I need.  That is all I want.  That is all that I will every buy.

The only thing I ever used Photoshop for was the clone-out unwanted features in an image.  I decided I can live without that years ago.

I do not have any need for any of the online features of Lightroom CC.  I don't need what it does and how it does it.

I can't help but notice the dramatic increase in price I'll have to pay to gain access to just Lightroom, annually.  With it, comes either the above additional applications, or an enormous amount of online storage, or a combination ... ALL THAT I DO NOT NEED.  But that I'm paying for in that price of subscription.  That I will refuse to pay.

In the machine I recently built with a specific goal to run Lightroom quickly are...

- a 9.1 TB 6 disk RAID-5

- 2x 1TB NVME SSDs

- 3x 3TB or greater external offline storage (more to come)

I do not need your online storage.  I will not use your online storage.

I subscribe to Smugmug for my online publishing needs.  I am happy with it.  And have no intention to leave them.

I've been with Lightroom since version 2.x.  No licensing model of LR 7.x accommodates an infrequent armature photographer like I consider myself.  Your licensing model makes it so that version 6.14 will be the last I use.

If you [Adobe] care to keep people like me giving you at least some $$$ in the future, please create a subscription for just LR Classic 7.x that has NO online storage, on the order of about $4.99 per month; discounted if prepaid.  It does not cost you a single thing if you do this. There is only upside! The alternative is you get $0.00 from me and many others like me.

Thanx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey steve.m.

We are just Lightroom users in this forum, we are not Adobe. We don't really care that you are not going to purchase Adobe products any more.

Maybe you ought to actually contact Adobe and let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sure they came onto their forum.  No? I do see employee contributions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steve.m.  wrote

I was sure they came onto their forum.  No? I do see employee contributions.

The Adobe staffers who stop by are not people who making product decisions, they are just technical support staff, and don't have any authority on this matter. Really, you need to contact Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you're not talking to Adobe on this forum. We are all just users who are trying to help. There isn't a subscription model for just Lightroom Classic CC. There is a subscription model for Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop, it's $9.99/month in the US. Lightroom Classic CC is the "traditional" Lightroom that stores all images on the desktop in folders. With that subscription you can also download and play with the new Lightroom CC which is a cloud-based NEW version of Lightroom. Many people like it, I don't care for it. But it's your choice.

The other alternative is to purchase Lightroom 6. There is not going to be any more development on Lightroom 6. It has received its last and final update. But it can be purchased and installed. First-time purchase is $149, upgrade price from previous version is $79. These are US prices. If you purchase a camera in the future that isn't supported as far as its raw files are concerned you will have to use Adobe's free DNG converter to convert the files to the DNG format. If none of those choices meet your requirements then you might consider Photoshop Elements. If that doesn't suit your fancy then I suppose you can look elsewhere. Sorry, but Adobe can't cater to every whim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTICE:  I unchecked "mark this post as a question".  Very big lol on top of that of how you managed to explain everything to me that I know.

I stand by the fact it is better this is put here in this forum, than not put here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steve.m.  wrote

NOTICE:  I unchecked "mark this post as a question".  Very big lol on top of that of how you managed to explain everything to me that I know.

I stand by the fact it is better this is put here in this forum, than not put here.

I stand by the fact that you ought to let Adobe know your opinions, rather than letting us users in this forum know. You really haven't accomplished anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p.s. if you actually read down to my last paragraph, I do not see how you will find the suggested license plan to be so radical, or a whim of mine.  Doesn't it provide parity in cost & use to the perpetual license, now as a monthly or annual subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL ... so someone went and marked this as a question.  very big lol.

Ok, may then see how many "I have the same question" marks it gets over the months and years.  If you think I'm the last one, you're sadly mistaken.  I recommend you just let these posts happen and not engage. 

Upon all your urging, forwarding to Adobe directly.  With typos corrected. hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, speaking on behalf of exactly one forum user (me), we don't really care about your dis-satisfaction with the product pricing.

And speaking on behalf of exactly one forum user (me), this is a forum for technical support, and nothing you have said belongs in this forum. If I was a moderator (thank goodness I am not), your post would be deleted as off topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines