• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush Issue (w/ video)

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am struggling with my brush. I have researched this question for a couple of days but I can not find a video that pertains to my question, please help!

Basically, I have no issue with lagging when I draw bold straight lines but when I use attempt to make very small brush strokes, it stalls on me. I have tested this on clip studio and I do not encounter the problem. I would rather/prefer to use Photoshop for my sketches and painting so I can get the best results with the most amount of customization.

System Information:

Dell Inspiron 15 3567 15.6″ Notebook - Core i3 7100U 2.4 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD - Black - with 1 ...

Product TypeNotebook

Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64-bit Edition

Included Service1 Year Dell Mail-In Service

First Seen On Google ShoppingMay 2017

Processor / Chipset

CPUIntel Core i3 (7th Gen) 7100U / 2.4 GHz

Number of CoresDual-Core

Cache3 MB

64-bit ComputingYes

Memory

RAM8 GB (1 x 8 GB)

Max RAM Supported16 GB

TechnologyDDR4 SDRAM

Speed2133 MHz

Form FactorSO-DIMM 260-pin

Slots Qty2

Empty Slots     1

DRAWING TABLET:

Ugee 2150 21.5" 5080LPI 1080P HD Digital Painting Graphics Drawing Tablet Screen IPS Monitor Display Stand Adjustable w/ 2 * Intel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estimating exact issue is not possible for me. I will still try to suggest few things.

1. RAM is good and I believe shifting to 16 GB is not recommended right now as the i3 will be the bottleneck.
  2. As its integrated graphics of Intel getting basic into advanced setting of performance is good choice.
  3. You can increase cache to 4 or 6, and cache size to 1024k in performance tab of preference. That will surely meet your need of brushing and boost your performance.

Do reply doest it help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reducing RAM usage as it is beyond the recommended usage of 4914 MB.

It would be better to leave some RAM for rest of the system to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decreased the RAM to 4914 MB and the brush strokes became a little worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the new performance setting need a photoshop restart. I hope all the results are after photoshop restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am closing the app at the top <X> . I am not restarting the computer if I have to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting PC is not required.

I believe Adobe developers should reply now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say thank you for trying to figure the solution with me, I hope a developer can figure this out because this is essential for work, 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers will still answer this post right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a user to user forum. Questions are answered by volunteers, not by Adobe staff (unless you see the red staff badge)- developers do not generally monitor it.

The most likely cause is the set up of your pen & tablet drivers. I don't use the same pen and tablet as you (I use Wacom) so can only give general pointers. If you have the settings you can try:

a. Changing the sensitivity of the pen in the tablet driver for use with Photoshop

b. If you are using Windows Ink - try stopping that and setting pressure sensitivity as advised in this link.

Tablet support for Photoshop on Windows 8

c. If you are not using Windows Ink, try that as an alternative (i.e. the opposite to b)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got Clip Studio to work, so I will be switching to that program since it has most of what I need if not all. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another hypothesis for me is it may be an actual line work. Example, some programs include brushes with line correction, so I dont know if it is that or how to change it if it is, but I am about %50 on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines