Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gorilla / Bongo - how move his mouth using only audio

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm exploring the nutcracker jaw for the first time.

I've recorded vocals from a friend and only have audio, rather than a visual for the nutcracker jaw to read.

Is it possible to use nutcracker jaw without a face to read?  I.e. can it work out mouth approximations using just the audio/visemes?

Many thanks,

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nutcracker jaw will respond to just audio if you activate as shown

Jaw.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! 

I have it ticked and it does respond to audio coming in live - if I speak into the mic, Bongo's mouth moves nicely.

However, when I add an audio track and analyse - I get the visemes but no movement.

I've enabled everything in the Nutcracker Jaw in case I'm missing something but Bongo remains stoic and unmoving in the mouth area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if by "analyse" you mean click Timeline/Compute Lip Sync from Scene audio, then I agree,  it doesn't seem to work with nutcracker jaw. But if you enable the mic and click record, then the jaw will react to the audio in the timeline and will be recorded. Does that not work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no current ability to calculate a nutcracker jaw from pre-recorded audio. It is something that has been mentioned for future updates, but right now enabling the mic and recording another audio take is the best fix. This can get messy if you already have puppets with audio in your scene, you will need to mute out everything but the puppet with the nutcracker jaw in order to record free from cross contamination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this help!

I recorded the audio in via a Bluetooth speaker and then lined it up, it works perfectly.

Really appreciate the help.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The way I do it if I use nutcracker is to put a mic next to the speaker (typically I already have lipssynced) then I set the parameters of jaw movement to an appropriate level for at ever the volume level between speaker and mic. Best alternative I’ve found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines