• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rigging arms helps please

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 15.48.50.pngThis is driving me mad, the left arm which sits slightly behind my character works fine and hinges from the shoulder. The right arm which is the top layer will not attach to the shoulder no matter what i do. I'm sure its something simple but ive literally spent all afternoon trying different things. The online tutorials mostly show an older version so doesn't completely apply to my problem. I really would be grateful for any assistance, regards, John.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Hi John, by "attach to the shoulder" are you referring to CH auto tagging the origin point (usually the shoulder) and lighting up green to indicate an attachment?

If this is an older puppet that is being used by an upgraded version of CH, you may need to go to your properties panel (with your right arm group selected) and set "attach to" to "auto" does that help?

Newer puppets shouldn't need this fix, but I've noticed they occasionally do, if you are editing your puppet as you rig it.

-AP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first reaction is to try this

1. Remove "Fixed " handle

2. Untag Right draggable

3. Place draggable handle near wrist

Draggable.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, by "attach to the shoulder" are you referring to CH auto tagging the origin point (usually the shoulder) and lighting up green to indicate an attachment?

If this is an older puppet that is being used by an upgraded version of CH, you may need to go to your properties panel (with your right arm group selected) and set "attach to" to "auto" does that help?

Newer puppets shouldn't need this fix, but I've noticed they occasionally do, if you are editing your puppet as you rig it.

-AP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much - all working now, regards, john.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines