• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic Controls Don't Function?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Develop Module of Lightroom CC, none of the basic sliders are working (e.g. contrast, exposure, whites, blacks, highlights, shadows, etc.).   The sliders are there and move right or left, but don't effect a change in the image.  Everything else works as usual.  Any ideas what I did to cause this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Thanks for your response.  I just figured out the problem.  I needed to right click on the Tone Curve box and then add back the Basic Tools box.  Somehow it got unchecked from the drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom do you use? Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC?

If you use the Classic CC version:

Have you install the latest version?

Have you tried to deactivate the GPU support?

Try to reset the Lightroom preferences?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  I just figured out the problem.  I needed to right click on the Tone Curve box and then add back the Basic Tools box.  Somehow it got unchecked from the drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you figured it out, but that's a little bit different than what you described. You first indicated that the sliders were there, and moved, but I had no effect. If you had indicated that they were not there it would have been an easy diagnosis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sliders I saw were the ones under the graduated filter which are the same ones in name only, but obviously not the ones that are in the basic tools box.  Sometimes it's hard to "see" what's not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been there, done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines