• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem running CS6 stand alone suite and CC on same PC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble running applications from my stand alone CS6 Design suite when CC (Photoshop and Lightroom only) is installed on the same computer.

First attemp, I had my CS6 Design Premium suite installed on my PC.  Installing CC worked, but not the individual applications since every one was already installed in the CS6 suite.  Adobe support saiid it should work if I installed CC first.

Next attempt, I thus install CC first and the applications download and run sucessfully.  Then I installed CS6 sucessfully but if I try to run any applicaton from the CS6 suite  a Creative Cloud window opens with the text "Validating Licens Staus Online". Then a circle starts spinning and that lasts for ages an nothing more happens.  If I close the window I am asked Yes or No, and in a grayed out background I see a text that states my subscription need renewing ( as if it were a CC application).

I am running Win 7 64 bit.

Is there any solution to this ?

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Chris, it sounds like the Creative Cloud installation was conflicting with your initial installation of Creative Suite 6.  Without knowing the exact error though it is difficult to be specific.

The log files likely still exist on the computer.  If you would like to review the log files to determine why the Creative Cloud applications did not install it would provide me additional details of why the installation failed.  Information on how the install log can be located is available at Creative Cloud download and install errors

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I am able to use programs from the CS Design suite that are also includen in the CC photographers subscription like bridge og Photoshop.  My problem is with Idesign and Dreamweaver which I only have in the CS Design suite and not in the CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, to confirm you currently have a CC Photography plan but are also trying to utilize the current version of Photoshop and Lightroom CC is this correct?

Only full Creative Cloud applications include access to the Creative Suite 6 version of the software.  Since you have CC Photography plan you will want to make sure that your Creative Suite 6 applications are installed, licensed, activated, and updated prior to installing Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC.

To reinstall Creative Suite 6 you will need to remove all currently installed Adobe software, Chris.  This includes Photoshop, Lightroom, CS6, and any installed versions of Acrobat.  You can use the process listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps for directions on how to locate the uninstaller application on your Windows 7 64-bit computer.

Once all the software is removed then please download and run the CC Cleaner Tool, Chris.  The CC Cleaner Tool is available for download at Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .  It should only be run after the uninstallers have been run.  You do need to perform this additional step to make sure that all licensing information and updated components are removed, Chris.

Once all Adobe software is removed, and the CC Cleaner tool is run, you can download a fresh copy of the Creative Suite 6 installation files from Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications .  If you need to locate your registered serial number then see Find your serial number .

Once Creative Suite 6 is fully installed, and updated, then you can use the process listed in Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps to reinstall Photoshop and Lightroom CC.  Once Photoshop and Lightroom are installed then you will have updated licensing and update components.  I would recommend that you perform any updates necessary to the CS6 applications prior to installing Photoshop and Lightroom CC.  You may also need to manually download and apply the updates from Adobe software and product updates Chris.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions regarding the steps listed, Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thank you for a detailed reply.

I do not understand your initial question, but let me try to clarify: I have CC photographers plan and installed that first.  I also have CS6 Design suite which I installed after that.  I can run Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge from both CC and CS.  I am unable to run any app from SC not included in the photographers plan (like Indesign, Dreamweaver etc).

Regarding your suggested solution, that is how I initially did things: CS6 Design Premium was installed on my PC. I then installed CC manager sucessfully but was unable to download any CC applications included in my CS6 Design stand alone. To clarify, CC applications like Photoshop would not download or install because they were supposedly already installed ( it appently took my CS apps to be CC apps)

I contacted Adobe support and was advised to uninstall both CC and CS, run cc cleaner (I even formated the harddrive and reinstalled the OS) and start with installing CC and downloading the apps.  I did so succesfully.  After that I installed SC6 Design suite stand alone version sucessfully including verifying my serialnumber.  However, now the problem is that I am unable to start any apps in the SC6 suite. If I try to run any applicaton from the CS6 suite  a Creative Cloud window opens with the text "Validating Licens Staus Online". Then a circle starts spinning that lasts for ages and nothing more happens.  If I close the window I am asked Yes or No, and in a grayed out background I see a text that states my subscription needs renewing ( as if it were a CC application).

Thus your reply appears to just bring me back to where I started. I hesitate to do all this work again - at least untill someone can verify that they actually have both running on their own computer (and how they did it :-).

I am currently leaning toward the conclusion that it is simply not possible to run CC and a stand alone CS suite on the same computer.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, it sounds like the Creative Cloud installation was conflicting with your initial installation of Creative Suite 6.  Without knowing the exact error though it is difficult to be specific.

The log files likely still exist on the computer.  If you would like to review the log files to determine why the Creative Cloud applications did not install it would provide me additional details of why the installation failed.  Information on how the install log can be located is available at Creative Cloud download and install errors .

Your alternative option is to install Creative Suite 6 on a separate OS partition or virtual machine, Chris.  This would free you up to update your current partition with the latest version of macOS.  Currently, the workaround discussed in Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is necessary to install Creative Suite 6 under macOS 10.12 or later.  I have also seen lots of reports of CS6 applications not functioning properly in later versions of macOS, Chris.  So this may be a preferred option if you wish to maintain compatibility with your older apps.

Feel free to update this discussion if you have any questions, Chris.  If you decide to proceed with installing your Creative Suite license, and Creative Cloud membership, on the same OS partition, then please update this discussion with any errors you discover in the install log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I located the log file and it is long as a telephone directory and contains several errors. I suppose this just confirms that at least it is not trivial to run both on the same PC.

Regarding solution, it appears to me that running them on the same partition is not going to work.

I am already in progress with having them on separate partitions (actuall separate SSDs). I have a separate SSD with win 10 already running CC.  My next move is to just remove CC from the other SSD running WIN 7 and have CS Design there.

Thing is I like to run Lightromm on both partitions, so I updated my standalone lightromm to verson 6 to have on win 7.

Guess that is the best solution.

Thank you very much for your time and attempts to help me solve this!

All the best,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent Chris running CS6 on a Windows 7 partition is an excellent solution.  I would recommend bookmarking Troubleshoot install issues with log files in Adobe Creative Suite (CS6, CS5.5, CS5), PS Elements, a... in case you run into any problems with the installation process for Creative Suite 6.

If you encounter any difficulties with the installation please don't hesitate to start a new discussion, with any specific errors, in the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum at Downloading, Installing, Setting Up Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one final thought:

If anybody reading this has actually managed to run a stand alone CS6 suite and CC photographers plan on the same PC, please add a reply and a description on how you did it.

Note Running a stand alone CS6 suite together with a full CC subscription plan is probably not a problem since then all programs exist in both installations.

The problem is when you have the limited CC photographers plan and a stand alone CS6 suite with apps not included in the CC plan. Then if I try to run an app like Indesign from the CS suite, which is not in the CC plan,  a Creative Cloud window opens with the text "Validating Licens Staus Online". Then a circle starts spinning and that lasts for ages and nothing more happens.  If I close the window I am asked Yes or No, and in a grayed out background I see a text that states my subscription need renewing ( as if it were a CC application).

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, licensing wise you should be able to run CS6 and Creative Cloud on the same computer. 

My best guess is that your existing CS6 installation had a corrupt file or incorrect permissions, on a specific folder, which affected the ability to install the Creative Cloud versions of Photoshop and Lightroom.  When you removed CS6, this condition was resolved.  It may have even taken the use of the CC Cleaner tool to delete the offending file/folder.

With all the recent discussions I have seen with CS6 running improperly on the latest operating systems; using an operating system designed for Creative Suite 6 will give you the best experience long term.

Please do feel free to start a new discussion if you encounter any errors with the new Creative Suite 6 installation.  Please include any errors you discover in the install log as discussed in message #6 of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

by chance I discovered a solution to running both a stand alone CS Design suite and CC on the same win 7 PC.

I was in the process of uninnstalling CC and had just logged off CC when it occured to me to try my CS apps - and low and behold they started. Ther licence was checked online (no need for serial number) and after that they worked!  Even more surprising is that they work even after logging on to CC again.

The conflict thus appears to be between the two different verification systems. I suspect that they may "arrange a new conflict" when checking verification again or updating, but now I seem to have a solution.

Sometimes a simple solution is overlooked and closer than one might think!

(The option to mark this as the solution is no longer available)

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, Chris thank you for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines