• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color efex from Nik Filter crashes cc 2018

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use the Nik Filter Colorefex 4 and click ok, my Photoshop 2018 crashes everytime. I have reinstall the tool, but it doesn´t work. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Your using macOS High Sierra?

If so, In each of the Nik plugins except HDR Efex go to the Settings>After Clicking OK and change it to apply the filtered effect to the current layer.

RackMultipart20171003-87142-1hwho67-nic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your using macOS High Sierra?

If so, In each of the Nik plugins except HDR Efex go to the Settings>After Clicking OK and change it to apply the filtered effect to the current layer.

RackMultipart20171003-87142-1hwho67-nic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You made my day! THANX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT!  THANKS.  By the way, this solution works for SILVER EFEX Pro as well. 

Prior to finding your solution, PS crashed.  I would never have figured to do this.  Don't know how you did it.  This solved 80% of the problem!  THANKS!!!!!  (Always some $#!# thing after an upgrade. Everything worked fine and you spend hours fixing a problem just to get you back to where you were before!  😞   )  This worked.  Thanks.

HOWEVER... now my "custom actions" cause PS to crash.  Any thoughts?  I'm not sure why. The custom actions only reference pre-defined PS selections (e.g. "Silver Efex...neutral grey...red filter", "ColorEfex...Classical Soft Focus..."

Custom Actions are important as I've built up quite a collection over the years that save me enormous time...

Thoughts?  THANKS AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow and thanks, that saved my sanity!!. Thought it was my usb scratch discs playing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked.  Just need to make certain to make copy before using the Nik filter if you wish to keep the original photo as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I just registered and signed in so I could thank you - I was totally losing my mind until I found this.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Nik has been crashing on me ever since I upgraded to a new computer.  This seemed to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem is with HDR FX Pro. It doesn't have that setting to click okay. To get to that, I had to go to Viveza and make the change. Even so, HDR FX is still crashing. Please help! I am using Windows 7 and Photoshop CS5. This just started yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines