Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create key board shortcuts in RoboHelp

Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create keyboard shortcuts in RoboHelp? Can they be assigned to styles?

Is it possible to create macros that work within RoboHelp? And use shortcut keys to run them?:disgust;

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008
Why disgust before anyone has answered?

RH7 does allow certain keyboard shortcuts to be created (not sure about RH6). Unfortunately they cannot be assigned to styles.

I use Macro Express for many things, including styles and many things beyond RH. I have just set up a new PC and it was one of the first programs to go on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2008 Dec 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why disgust before anyone has answered?

RH7 does allow certain keyboard shortcuts to be created (not sure about RH6). Unfortunately they cannot be assigned to styles.

I use Macro Express for many things, including styles and many things beyond RH. I have just set up a new PC and it was one of the first programs to go on it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Macro Express have a good tutoriaL?

I inherited Perfect Keyboard Pro from my predecssor. I found it difficult to create new macros in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the help good enough to set up the macros that I use. Generally it is better to use the keyboard when recording macros but you can use the mouse. Problem with mouse macros is when and if you change screen resolution or the PC you are using. I have the program on more than one PC so thinking that way is important.

It is always difficult to answer this sort of question. One man's meat etc.

The support is good if that helps you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I hope the price is low enough that our management will approve despite the current austerity program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is low cost and if they say they cannot afford, start getting worried!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We RH users wish that shortcut feature for RH styles is available in next release, RH 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm assuming you mean shortcuts for styling for anything beyond H1, H2, H3 and Normal? Because RoboHelp *DOES* already have keyboard shortcuts for these.

To apply Heading 1 = Press Ctrl+Alt+1

To apply Heading 2 = Press Ctrl+Alt+2

To apply Heading 3 = Press Ctrl+Alt+3

To apply Normal = Press Ctrl+Shift+N

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

I am looking for more keyboard shortcuts for RH styles, and my organization don't want to pay for third party macros.

Regards,

Sujoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case you need to log your Feature Request at Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

This link will take you to information about some free macro recorders.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-hotkey-macro-recorder-utility.htm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp