Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image re-center problems

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since updating to Photoshop 2018, my images continuously re-center themselves.  ie:  If I'm zoomed in doing re-touching and I switch tools, or layers, the image automatically re-centers itself when working in full screen mode.  As a result, I must constantly keep moving my image back to the spot I'm working on. It is a major pain in the butt and is seriously slowing down my workflow.

Does anyone know how to make this stop?

Thanks

Clint

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

I read on another thread that someone uninstalled Photoshop and checked, (choose the remove all app preferences option) and reinstalling.

I tried this and it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reset your software by clicking Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately when you press to open your software till you have a message to delete the setting file. But First close you photoshop app.

in MacOS you can Press Cmd+Shift+Option before pressing to open the application till message appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work... Problem still present with all the latest softwares.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, any updates on this? We've been waiting several weeks for you to fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read on another thread that someone uninstalled Photoshop and checked, (choose the remove all app preferences option) and reinstalling.

I tried this and it seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clint

Looks like you got it but I wanted to confirm. Are you still having issues with Ps?

The first thing I like to try whenever Ps is doing something weird/unusual is uninstall and remove all app preferences, then reinstalling.

It’s funny how many times that really works! Keep this in mind next time an Adobe app is acting up. I find it works with Adobe Illustrator and others as well.

Hope you find this helpful

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Sebastian,

Yes, this seems to be working so far.

Thanks!

Clint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines