• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page jumps to middle on load

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a website and having some odd issues.  I have a "droplet" on the website I inserted using the "insert HTML" method.  When I load the page with the browser open wide it loads normally.  If I shrink it down (site is responsive) to a smaller break point and click the link to a page with the droplet it loads then jumps to the middle of the page.

Example here

The pages with the above issue are "Book Now", "Shop", and "Leagues" all of which have the droplet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

the 3 pages are jumping to the html code because that is set as focus i.e, the point a browser shows as active first... this code is older and you are correct that new phones | devices don't like this kind of code

as the code came from your client, this has nothing to do with Adobe Muse... I assume your client doesn't want to fix their server so I would remove the code... at least from the smaller breakpoints which is the main problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "droplet"? I could not detect any issues on your pages.

It jumps to the middle of the page as soon as you get bigger as well.

Don't know, if this is really an issue.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By droplet, I mean an HTML widget. The company it comes from calls it a droplet.  It is from checkfront an online booking system.

Ahh, just noticed that it does jump to the middle when you made the browser bigger as well. 

As far as for it being an issue, yes.  Not so much the jumping when resizing, but if you look at the website on a mobile device the pages load then jump right to the middle of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can´t see the droplet. What is ist? And why it is there? What's the purpose of this droplet?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The droplet is the booking system.  I guess it's  good thing you don't notice it.  If you look at the BOOK NOW page, it's the part with the calendar and 6-10 players, etc...

Does anyone have any ideas that will help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can test this by yourself:

Create a temporary long, blank page and place the HTML object at the top of this page.

Link from a different page to the page with this HTML object, and look, to which position the browser jumps to, if you click the link.

Now, place the HTML object at the middle/bottom of this page, and look, what happens if you link to this page again.

If in all cases the link goes directly to the position of the HTML element, this must be caused by this code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have already determined it is caused by the code, now I am trying to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vonadaddy  schrieb

We have already determined it is caused by the code, now I am trying to fix it.

In which post this was „determined“? Can‘t see anything, what makes this conclusion sure.

And if: How should somebody here fix it, without even knowing the code?

Perhaps you can attach the code, so that some skilled coders here may have a look …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original post calls out the pages that have the issue and it is stated that it is only the pages with the code. I posted a link the the example site so you would be able to see the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But much easier it would be for us, that you show us the code, that you embedded (maybe with an additional screenshot, where you placed that code). Me, I don't want to search the source code about a code snippet. Not all Users are coders. Otherwise we won't use and support muse. BTW, you could also ask the vendors of that beautiful code and if they provide support on sundays .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should we investigate your site code, if you have the isolated snippet? Do you want to provide us some extra work?

And the fact, that this issue doen‘t appear on your other sites, doesn‘t necessarily mean, that this code snippet is the culprit.

I personally don‘t like to beg for cooperation. So good luck with fixing your issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the 3 pages are jumping to the html code because that is set as focus i.e, the point a browser shows as active first... this code is older and you are correct that new phones | devices don't like this kind of code

as the code came from your client, this has nothing to do with Adobe Muse... I assume your client doesn't want to fix their server so I would remove the code... at least from the smaller breakpoints which is the main problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines