• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos change to red tone before my eyes, what is happening? Please look, please help

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a screenshot before it changed all the photos....like i said, right before my eyes!Photos I have edited and  a lot raw files all change to this red hue when i open them up in bridge or photoshop.

they finished images show up red in windows viewer as well, but when i edited them, months ago  they were not like this. I started going through old photos and it isn't doing it to all of them, or its not a noticeable. It is almost like when you save a jpeg on your camera with a raw file  and how the jpeg looks more saturated.

I re calibrated my monitor, purged bridge, made sure i was still running RGB98.

Does anyone know what is going on

red saturation.jpg

so i got lucky and this screenshot shows the original picture, but when I go to click on it it changes to the same tone as the thumbnail below it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Hold on. This is obviously the monitor profile. Converting to another document profile won't make any difference - it should display correctly regardless.

Note that all the color managed applications - including Windows Photo Viewer - show the red version. These all use the monitor profile to display the image.

Windows Explorer, OTOH, is not color managed and does not use the monitor profile.

Replace your current monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. This should solve the immediate problem - note

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can u tell please if you see the same problem once you open the photo in Photoshop or Camera Raw?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see it like that in Photoshop in camera raw and even in the windows photo viewer which made me think it was outside of adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats upsetting is it is not every photo or one type of photo. viewing thumbnails in windows explorer they look fine but once i click to open or right l click to open in any program they turn wierd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, if you trust me, can you please send me one of the photos to my adress via wetransfer and I'll check if this happens also on my system?

My email: martin@benesphoto.com
Please contact me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MartinBenesPs

So we can solve faster.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scrrenshot2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my friend, thanks for sending the file.
I have good news for your, your file is perfect on my system, both on Photoshop or Osx viewer or Bridge.

Please check this for me: go to Photoshop-> View menu and tell me if the color proof is active and which proofing it is doing.
If it's active, please deactivate.

Schermata 2018-01-10 alle 09.36.52.png

Attaching screenshot

When you open the file, does a pop up screen shows up asking to set the proper color space?

If yes, which one you choose?

Please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this problem happened so suddenly and on my OSX is all in order, could it be some Windows driver of your graphic card which is working wrong?

Try also to reset Photoshop preferences, this is the universal way to solve most of the Photoshop problems: How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences

Please update me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updating here our email conversation.

2) Let me know if this solves the problem.

SInce it happened so suddenly, it could be some corrupted windows driver of your graphic card maybe.

3) Please go to Edit -> Convert to profile and set as attached image.

Play (Adobe Rgb, sRgb, etc) with the different color profiles you see under "Destination space" please let me know if one of these works.

Schermata 2018-01-10 alle 09.58.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold on. This is obviously the monitor profile. Converting to another document profile won't make any difference - it should display correctly regardless.

Note that all the color managed applications - including Windows Photo Viewer - show the red version. These all use the monitor profile to display the image.

Windows Explorer, OTOH, is not color managed and does not use the monitor profile.

Replace your current monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. This should solve the immediate problem - note, however, that the proper and long-term solution is to use a calibrator to make a new profile. Relaunch all applications when done. Color managed applications load the monitor profile at application startup.

Displayprofile_10_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Just to add to D.Fosse's reply. The changes you were seeing on screen 'before your eyes' was Bridge building it's previews. That is normal but with a broken monitor profile you are seeing a major switch in colour at that point.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines