• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos change hue to overly red when opened in Bridge/Raw/Photoshop Please look and please HELP

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

red saturation.jpgI have attached a screenshot before it changed the one photo....like i said, right before my eyes the photos in thumbnail turn to that color. whether i open them or not. only time is doesn't happen is when i am viewing through windows explorer, but if i open it in any program it turn to this color as well. old, new edited or not and all file types are affected

they finished images show up red in windows photo viewer as well, but when i edited them, months ago  they were not like this. I started going through old photos and it isn't doing it to all of them, or its not a noticeable. It is almost like when you save a jpeg on your camera with a raw file  and how the jpeg looks more saturated.

I re calibrated my monitor, purged bridge, made sure i was still running RGB98.

Does anyone know what is going on

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bridge thumbnail for the tif file looks more red than bridge's Tif preview.   Are you going to post a screen capture of the tif in Photoshop and ACR.  Bridge does processing files in a folder builds updated thumbnails and cashes thumbnails and metadata.  Does the Image in Photoshop and in ACR look like the thumbnail or the preview?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I open it in Photoshop, raw or Bridge it does that it's not just a preview I just happened to catch the screen before it flipped the preview over to match the thumbnail. Whether it's a raw file or a tiff or JPEG and  I'm looking in it in Bridge or photoshop it ends up with that Hue discoloration.

It even does that in the windows photo viewer but if I open it up in Windows Explorer and look at the thumbnails there they're not affected but as soon as I open them in any program they turn over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also purged and clear the caches and make sure everything was the same settings I've used for The Last 5 Years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purge  the cache  I would think the Bridge would first display the Thumbnail in the Tiff File then build it cache where it reads the files metadata and update its thumbnail to look like the actual tiff image.  Bridge caches the updated Thumbnails and metadata for file in a folder. The updated thumbnail and preview image should look alike and the image opened in a color managed application should look like bridge's updated thumbnail.   It may not be the same when a RAW files  open in ACR the first time when there are no current ACR setting recorder for the Image. Your ACR default settings will be set which may vary between cameras. Once set and control is returned to bridge, bridge should update its thumbnail and preview to reflect the ACR settings set.  Bridge's Thumbnail and preview should look the same.  

Windows file explorer displays the thumbnail in the Image file or the thumbnail generated by some addon for RAW and PSD files,  Windows File explorer does not display Bridge's Thumbnails.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree they should look the same and they do, I caught the screen at half a second when it didn't switch over yet. the reason I took that screenshot to show how I edited the picture 3 months ago and how it looks when i print it or regularly open it. So I got lucky and the screenshot shows that it's changing all of the images and making all of them  look like  the thumbnails (in the screen shot) so in other words half a second after I took that screenshot and moved the mouse the preview looked exactly like the thumbnail and after I purged everything it did the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scrrenshot2.jpg

I am using this image as an example because i know it is edited properly, but it happening to all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, none of the previously replies helped. PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open a new topic detailing your problem. Do not followup on someone's case no matter how similar.

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider  including the following in your question

* Adobe product and version number

* Operating system and version number

* The full text of any error message(s)

* What you were doing when the problem occurred

* Screenshots of the problem

* Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, first of all - have these images ever been opened and adjusted in ACR? Such adjustments will only be visible in ACR/Bridge, until you save out a new version with these adjustments baked in.

Other than that:

It can take a second or so before Bridge's display color management kicks in. Initially the RGB numbers in the file are just sent directly to screen - then the monitor profile is read, and the RGB values correctly converted before passed on to screen.

Windows "Photos" is not color managed and does not use the monitor profile at all, so it will match the initial view.

Now, if this color managed version is obviously wrong, it could be that you have a defective manufacturer monitor profile, possibly distributed through Windows Update. It would help if you could provide better/larger screenshots. One showing Photoshop (color managed) next to Windows Photos (not color managed) should give a better impression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scrrenshot2.jpg

the one in windows explror is how the image should look and is how i edited back in september

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve this issue? If so, what was the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Carla5FB7  - start a new thread and describe your exact procedures and the symptoms, with screenshots.

These things can have different causes and the conditions in this thread very likely don't apply in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines