• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increase number of recent files listed at Acrobat DC Acrobat pro (Mac) start up page

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wish to increase the number of recent files listed under File -> Open Recent File -> View All Recent Files to 50. I have set it to 50 by entering 50, going from Preference -> Documents -> Documents in recently used list: 50 -> OK. It lists only a few out of many I had opened in the same window. Someone answered a similar question and said the max number of files can be list is 9. That is rather tiny. In Acrobat Pro IX, I always saw a long list of files. Can someone tell me how to do it in Acrobat DC?

Thank you.

Etsuko

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Hi Etsuko,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The maximum limit of the files can be showed under Recent is 100.

Please make sure that you have clicked "OK" at the bottom of the preference window once you change the number of recent files.

It will apply and save the changed settings.

Once you change the number, open different files to check if those files show up in the recent list or not.

Also, it will be effective on the files you open after making the changes.

Like if you have 9 files listed on the re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Etsuko,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The maximum limit of the files can be showed under Recent is 100.

Please make sure that you have clicked "OK" at the bottom of the preference window once you change the number of recent files.

It will apply and save the changed settings.

Once you change the number, open different files to check if those files show up in the recent list or not.

Also, it will be effective on the files you open after making the changes.

Like if you have 9 files listed on the recent list and you change the number to 50. So, it will show only those 9 files till the time you open new files in the Acrobat.

If you still experience an issue with it, try to reset the preferences of the application.

Take help from the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines