• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop changes my gif speed?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. i've been using photoshop cs5 for about 6 months now, and ive noticed it changes my gif speed a lot. heres how i make my animated gifs:

i load dicom files, create animation frames, crop 268px by 150px, make frames from layers, flatten frames into layers and sharpen each layer, and then, heres where the trouble comes. i set my speed to 0.05 per frame, but it goes so much slower than that. i convert to timeline, and if i click the button to go into frame animation again, it says that my frames are set to 0.07? i hope this makes sense, because i tried to change it to 0.04 a lot of times too, but that gets changed to 0.03. this is really really frustrating, because i make gifs for sites like tumblr and its annoying that i can never get the speed i want.

please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that timeline animations use a frame rate, such as 30fps. That works out to .033333333 seconds per frame. Depending on what frame rate you're using, that may be why you're seeing it rounding up or down.

Why are you converting back and forth between timeline and frame animations?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would be the equivalent frame rate for .05 seconds? sorry im just really confused.

i've only switched from frame animation to timeline once, so i can play it as a gif. when i say that "if i click on convert to animation again", i meant to prove the point that it's changing my speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this calculator might help you with some calculations.

online frame calculator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lanaparrilla  wrote

i've only switched from frame animation to timeline once, so i can play it as a gif.

GIFs can be played as either frame or timeline animations. There are pros and cons to each type, but you can play/edit/make animated GIFs with either type of timeline.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lanaparrilla  wrote

what would be the equivalent frame rate for .05 seconds?

1 (second) / .05 (time on each frame)  = 20 (frames per second)

Here's another example:

1 / .04 = 25 (frames per second)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines