Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add ''handmade'' text

Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need to add like ''handmade'' text to a body of a person for a work I have to do. The idea is the people (free examples from internet) wrote the,selves on their chests things like ''freedom'', ''art'' ''free expression'' and stuff like that but I don't know how to do it. Can somebody help me please?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the brush tool or use a font that looks hand written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(im spanish btw) The problem is it seems so out of the place like it's obvious the text doesn't belong there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could try something like this :

1. Start with your image:

2. Duplicate that image and ensure the copy is saved in 8 bit RGB mode and named something like DMAP (we will use it later)

3. Create some text with the brush or text tool. I've just used a Lucinda handwriting font

4. Convert the text layer to a smart object (right click in layers panel)

5. Move the smart object with the text and position it over the image

6. Use transform - Warp to bend the text to fit the shape of the underling image

7. Right click on the smart object layer and add an inner glow

8. With the text smart object selected go to Filter >Distort Displace and add a displacement map - when prompted for the map file use the DMap file we created at step 2

Finally - change the blend mode of the text smart object (I used darker color) - and reduce opacity to make it sit - I used 39%

I hope that gives you some ideas to get started

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check »Blend Interior Effects as Group« in the Blending Options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler  wrote

Did you check »Blend Interior Effects as Group« in the Blending Options?

No - in this case I left it unchecked

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the lighter edge might not be advantageous in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

All just preferences and easily adjusted (I realise that you know that c.pfaffenbichler )

With the lighter edge :

Without :

With a darker "inner glow" (dark grey multiply instead of white and screen)

To the OP - the point of the technique I showed is that you can easily alter things like the glow afterwards to get the effect that you want, rather than religiously following settings

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty similar to Dave's method with a slight variation

1) Take your starting image. Obviously the model is Trevor.Dennis​ the latest sensation of the catwalk.

1.png

2) Add some text and a hue/saturation layer so you can adjust the color to be that bluish hue tattooists use

2.png

3) Now warp the text.

3.png

Here I just used the 'Arc' preset.

4.png

4) And move it into place

5.png

5) At this point I decided the script font was too difficult to read and so just to demonstrate you can change the font at this late stage went for something completely outrageous

6.png

6) This is where I part company with Dave's method as I used the 'BlendIf' sliders to better integrate the design into the models skin. This is pure trial and error and the longer you spend experimenting the better the effect will be.

7.png

7) Computer fonts are far to sharp for this so I applied some 'Gaussian Blur' and did some further warping to get the effect below. Not the best thing I've ever done I must admit but hopeful along with Dave's method you get the idea

8.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously the model is Trevor.Dennis

Not even 50 years ago Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines