• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse issues with PS CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really hoping that someone can help me because I'm dying here!

MacBook Pro running Sierra with the latest version of PS CC.

The issue is that when I'm working in Photoshop and my mouse rolls across a document in a floating window, the mouse will suddenly feel like it is hitting some quicksand - it just crawls across the screen until I get past that window. Generally this seems to be happening when the document has a selection made (usually select all) and the move tool is active. If I switch over to say the crop tool, I can then move my mouse freely and normally. The issue is intermittent and I can't replicate it consistently.

Has anyone else seen this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Historically, no, turning off Use Graphics Processor hasn't helped.

Steps I have taken are to reinstall PS and keep my preferences. Same problem appears. Then complete reinstall with a remove/reset all preferences and still the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for performance?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

What are the Move Tool settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is interested, here is a video of the behaviour - skip ahead to the 7 second mark. As I move from one window to the other, the mouse just stutter steps. Thought it doesn't look like it, I am moving my mouse continually across both windows.

My move settings are the default, nothing was changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any non-default plug-ins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not. I barely use PS these days as most of my workflow has been shifted to Sketch. So my Photoshop install is literally a fresh download for Adobe with no modifications or changes whatsoever.

I'm thinking that if I want to resolve this completely I may have to upgrade to High Sierra which I've been avoiding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW...I just downgraded to CC 2017 and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the mystery, it doesn't matter if I'm using my mouse or my trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue as well.

Mac os High Sierra

Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and photoshop all have the error. Restarting the program sometimes fixes the issue, restarting the computer almost always fixes the issue, but about once per day the problem returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines