• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic AG-UX 180 and Premiere Pro CC 2018

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering purchasing the Panasonic camera for several projects, which will be edited in PP CC 2018. I am aware of the issues with bringing in Dolby audio files but was wondering if there are any other issues with file compatibility. I intend to shoot in both 4k and HD (mov & mp4 files).

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using footage from an HC-X1 (basically the same as the UX-180) and have no problems using PPro 2017 and Windows 10. On edit - see that you are referring to 2018, but can't see what problem you would have, unless using Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

I’m using a MAC.

What file format are you using?

Thanks

Brian

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"A MOV file is a common multimedia container file format developed by Apple and compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms."

I do not know if this affects Mac users or not but on PC's many times you have to rename the extension from ".mov" to ".mp4" to make them playable.  Many times both formats contain MPEG4 media.

Apple ceased support for the Windows version of QuickTime in 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm looking at purchasing the UX180 as well. My concerns are the 8 bit 4:2:0. Do you notice issues with color correction in post? I color correct on everything, but not the level of a feature film. Simple lumetri color, sat, tint, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines