• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Photoshop CS6 on large UHD Monitors

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 and am considering purchasing a large UHD (4K) monitor, such as the NEC PA322 UHD.  The smallest I would consider would be a 27 inch monitor.  Do you anticipate that I would encounter any scaling problems running Photoshop CS6 with either of these monitors? My computer is a Dell XPS 8700 desktop with an i7 processor, and a AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card. It's clear that people who are using small laptops with UHD monitors have encountered scaling problems with Photoshop. Does anyone anticipate encountering scaling issues with larger monitors. I see that some individuals have found slow performance when using a MAC in conjunction with the PA322 UHD. Does anyone have experience using either a 27 or 32 inch UHD monitor with a PC in Photoshop? Thank you for your help.

Jack McEwan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

CS6 does not have Adobe UI scaling feature.  You can if you want  use Windows scaling with Photoshop.  But if your eye are good you should not need to.  A 27" 4K display resolution is 160Dpi which is not the much higher then 96Dpi  that  Photoshop's UI was created for.  In fact you will most likely love that the display is sharper then your old displays.   I have a 24" 4k display its resolution is 185Dpi Photoshop's UI is a bit on the small size young eyes could most like use that resolution.  T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 had no interface scaling. UHD displays weren't invented back then.

You have to take what you get - except there are hacks to scale the whole display. The downside to that is that it also scales the image window, so that the high resolution is completely wasted. It also prevents correct pixel rendering to scale, probably leaving you with an overall worse result than a lower resolution display.

That said, current versions of Photoshop still only have 100% and 200% UI scaling. An option for 150% (which would probably be optimal in this case) is much requested and has been in beta testing for a while. Can't be long now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be a long time, by now in 2022.  I'm using CS6 because I do not want to work in the cloud, and on a 34" ultra wide screen monitor (the HP Envy 34), the Photoshop UI is much too small for comfort.  Hacks?  I've heard there are hacks?  I already know that I can increase the size of apps to a cartoonishly large 350%, at which point Photoshop's UI is readable and everything else is, well, cartoonishly large to the point of inefficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud saving is optional. Photoshop CC works locally off your local disks, just like it always has. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zinnia27211973a358 try right clicking on the Photoshop.exe or Photoshop shortcut and select these settings, selecting System from the drop down menu.

2022-11-19 11_40_37-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao,

sono molto contento. Ha funzionato!!!

Il tuo consiglio mi è stato davvero prezioso.

Grazie, Grazie e ancora Grazie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. You are a life saver..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just have been given a Microsoft Surface Go 4. Not an ideal machine for my Photoshop CS6, but I want it just in case. All menus and tools were really tiny: just as if my 27"display had been scaled down to 10".

Thank you Ged_Traynor. Your solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 does not have Adobe UI scaling feature.  You can if you want  use Windows scaling with Photoshop.  But if your eye are good you should not need to.  A 27" 4K display resolution is 160Dpi which is not the much higher then 96Dpi  that  Photoshop's UI was created for.  In fact you will most likely love that the display is sharper then your old displays.   I have a 24" 4k display its resolution is 185Dpi Photoshop's UI is a bit on the small size young eyes could most like use that resolution.  The problem is higher resolution displays  have smaller pixels Photoshop UI displays smaller then Adobe designed for a 96Dpi display.  Small Devices like laptop with 4K display resolutions are in the 200 to 300 Dpi range Photoshop's UI displays 1/4 to 1/9 the size of a 96dpi display.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. With a pixel density of 140 ppi, it should probably be workable at 100%, with no scaling. A 4K laptop is a different story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 32" 4K display's resolution is 140DPI   Photoshop UI is very usable on a 32" 4k Display  My old IBM Thinkpad had a 143Dpi resolution  I much preferred that resolution over my Desktop displays 100Dpi resolution using Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose the 24" 4k for its fit with  my 100DPI displays.   I keepPhotoshop UI on those displate and edit imar in the 4k Display.

DellT3620Displays.jpg

screen captures look like this creating wall required a Photoshop  action.]

DellT3620.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines