Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

muse slideshow gif not animating on mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!

I'm trying to add a slideshow that has an animated gif in it. it works on desktop but not mobile. when I put the gif outside of a slideshow, it works on mobile. can anyone help?

it's jennijennijenni.com/about at the bottom, and it's hidden on desktop for now, but active on mobile.

thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

you can have the frame resize from one breakpoint to the next but the image needs to be "no resize" to stay gif

example; yum page

Screenshot (531).png

the drawback is the image will get cut off a bit in some sizes but the flash | gif part still works

to be honest I don't think a slideshow is your best option here unless all the images are going to be gifs... for 3 images with only one gif I would use a basic composition widget or even just state buttons because they can be set up individually i.e, "no resize" for the g

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mobile is a touch device.

In muse make sure the gif layer is above other(s) that may prevent touching it on the mobile.

Just a thought

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jenni

gif works well on mobiles... but the Apache Server may be blocking your screenshow code so I recommend you try "publish" the muse site to a temp Adobe BC

if that still gives you the same mess then give us a small copy of the .muse for testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thank you for the suggestions!

I checked and the slideshow is on top and I tried it on a bc temp site and got the same result - gif animates in slideshow position 2 on desktop but not mobile.

http://jennijennijenni.businesscatalyst.com/about.html

code here: Dropbox - jennijennijenni.zip

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi again -- I checked the folder I exported for you and saw the slideshow was exporting jpeg crops as I was testing with an unsized version. I changed the slideshow frame to match the size of the gif on mobile and it works. I'll just have to do it adaptively at each size I suppose.

thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can have the frame resize from one breakpoint to the next but the image needs to be "no resize" to stay gif

example; yum page

Screenshot (531).png

the drawback is the image will get cut off a bit in some sizes but the flash | gif part still works

to be honest I don't think a slideshow is your best option here unless all the images are going to be gifs... for 3 images with only one gif I would use a basic composition widget or even just state buttons because they can be set up individually i.e, "no resize" for the gif but allow resize for other image types

composition widget (basic or slideshow) = large image can go into small frame... set the image to no resize once placed

Screenshot (532).png

but a state button should remake the gif to be the same size as the state button (at its largest size)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines