Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 28 install fails, no details on problem

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellos everyone!

I am trying to install Adobe Flash player 28 on a windows 7 sp1 box and I keep getting a failure ending the install. I can install it successfully if I use firefox, but the software in question that specifically needs it, I suspect runs in a shell of IE, and that is where the problem lies.

the install does not offer any details on what the error is. can anyone point me in the direction to some log files on what the issue maybe? this is pretty frustrating.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 10.22.19 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We'll need to review the installation log files to investigate further.

Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed (3 files if 32-bit OS, 4 files if 64-bit OS).  Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud or some other public file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user log-in to access. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

here are the files as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the log file, it appears Flash Player ActiveX for IE was installed on Dec 22 via Background Updates. I don't see errors associated with this installation.

I do see a number of subsequent attempts to install the same version. Some attempts are returning an error indicating a process is using Flash Player and needs to be closed before installation completes.  This is indicative of attempting to install the same version that's installed when it's in use, since a file can't be replaced when it's in use.  Some installation attempts result in failure to register a file due to it being in use.  I don't see any uninstall attempts.  It's possible Flash Player is now in a corrupt state on your system.  I recommend performing a complete uninstall and then re-install Flash Player again.  See How do I do a clean install of Flash Player - Windows? for information on performing a clean uninstall and subsequent installation.

If installation fails again, please provide new installation log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the uninstall tool specified in the clean install tutorial, it failed again. Here are the new logs

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the updated files.

There is a registration failed error due to permissions on a file and/or directory.  Please see the How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player? FAQ for assistance.  If that doesn't work, see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2006/09/04/solving-setup-errors-by-using-the-subinacl-tool...

The difference between these two is that our script is much more restrictive than the one on the Microsoft blog site (which fixes permissions on the entire registry and file system).  Sometimes the true error is coming from a Win32 process called by the installer and not an installer process itself, as such, our more restrictive script may not always work.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines