• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant's see Brushes

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brushes use to work just fine - now with this update in 2018, I can't see them.  I create a layer, pick my brush and I cannot see it.  I can see that it is working in on the layer version on the right side, but not on my main screen??????  PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screen capture of what you see? It could be a variety of things related to your layers panel, or a problem with your graphic card. You may need to turn off graphics acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a Macbook Pro.  Before the last update, I was able to create a new layer and apply the brush on it easy.....

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 6.06.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your brush is set to 30% and with a flow of 88%... turn off the eyeball in the background layer or make it white and you'll see your brush - or change the opacity and flow to 100%.2018-01-11_19-51-37.jpeg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things we can see from your screen shot.  You have the History brush selected, and are using a HUGE preset (4640 pixels).  It also has an opacity of 30%.  What we can't see is what the preset looks like.  However, the history brush should do something even with that opacity, but its just a guess from what we can see.  Try a hard round brush set to 100% opacity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot with the hard round brush...still nothing..Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.12.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you are painting black on black, so would not see anything. Hit the X key to change to red, and you'll be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture tells the whole story as you can see from all of the responses you have received. Turn the visibility of the background layer off, or make it white. Then you will be able to see what the brush is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you still have the flow set to 30%, set it to 100.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi traciem,

Your selected brush are at 4640 pixels in size. With that size you surpass that of your screen and you can not see it because it's immense. Give your brush less size and this solve your problem, I also see that you are painting black on black, change the brush color or the background color.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please reinstall your important or regular using brush which is you using various work like photo editing, image masking, raster to vector etc work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines