• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extended Features Disabled for Some

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created forms with extended features enabled so that recipients can fill out forms, edit, save, and print their work.  The forms work great on my system.  They work great on my ipad.  They work great on my client's computer.  They even work great for my client's tech support department.  They sent the forms out to 200 sales reps and have gotten messages back that some (but not all) reps have received this error:

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created.  use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

Why is the form with extended features working for some and not others? 

What can I tell them to do to fix it on their end without having to send another round of forms out (because again, it's fine for many of them, and not working for an isolated few)?

What did the ones who have disabled extended features do to "break" the files?

I want to prevent this from happening again by proactively providing tips or instructions to make the files work as intended for EVERYBODY.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to myself... one idea... I sent the forms to a "middleman".  He tested the forms, edited, saved, etc to make sure they worked.  If he sent them his previously edited and saved files (like he edited and saved for testing, then deleted his edits and saved again) instead of my original unedited files...  would that cause the issue and disable the extended features for the end user?  Should he have forwarded on my original files?  or does it matter?  maybe not... just a thought based on the error sentence "the document has been changed since it was created..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might have caused it, yes, depending on what application they used.

But the bigger issue is why do you apply these rights at all? Assuming that the users have a relatively new version of Adobe Reader it's not necessary, as it can do all of these actions you mentioned by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all users have the version of Adobe Reader they need to do this function, then they wouldn't be having the problem at all, and I wouldn't be having to figure this out.  I would love that.  We cannot assume that the 200 users have a specific version of anything consistent with each other.  The rights were applied per request.  Maybe there's a better way.  I'm all ears.  For now, I'm looking for a reason or a work around for those that are affected with the error/disabled rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issues.

and it's 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines