• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flypaper Textures from Adobe Exchange loads on Desktop

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud or Adobe consistently places a folder called "Flypaper Texture Taster" on my desktop. I don't want it installed to the desktop. I am running CC2018, Windows 10 current version as of October 17, on a dual core PC with Intel processor.

Even if I delete the folder, it reappears after every reboot.

I've tried searching the registry for "Flypaper textures" or "flypaper" or "textures" to no avail.

How do I stop this from installing to my desktop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Hello EJToll,

You are getting the folder because you have acquired the product Flypaper Texture Taster from Adobe exchange. I request you to login to https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons  and click on remove. Once you click on remove it will delete the folder "Flypaper Textures" from your desktop and it will not come back until you install this add-on again.

Regards,

Adobe Exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EJToll I am sorry I am not aware of a setting which will affect the desktop picture for your User account EJToll.  You are welcome to follow the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to uninstall the currently installed Adobe CC software to see if the behavior continues.

You may also want to consider running a anti-virus and malware scan if you are experiencing unexpected behavior on the Windows 10 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks for answering, but that's not my question. I didn't ask anything about my desktop picture. In the embedded screen shot, if you scroll to the bottom, you'll see the folder "Flypaper Textures" that keeps getting installed on my desktop.

How do I stop this folder from being installed to the desktop without uninstalling and reinstalling 30 apps? This problem has been happening for a while, when certain Creative Cloud progams install, but I don't know which ones trigger the installation. I think it's Photoshop.

2017-12-12_14-23-18.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry EJToll but I am not aware of any functionality within the Creative Cloud Desktop application to do what you are describing.  Did you customize the location of your Creative Cloud synced files so that all of the files are saved to your Desktop?  Can you please post a screenshot of the Folder Location setting within the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t use Creative Cloud storage. It’s not connected to anything on my desktop or pc and the folder is empty both on the pc and in the cloud

Eric

Eric Jay TollJournalist • Writer • Author602-617-3797

Expediently sent from my iPhone on Outlook mobile. Pleze exkuze typoze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok EJToll I don't have any additional suggestions regarding the possible cause.  I would recommend you remove all installed Adobe software to verify that it is not adding the folder to your desktop.  You can find details regarding the uninstall process at Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting @EJToll.

I'm having the same exact issue. I've been trying to get rid of the "Flypaper Textures Taster Pack" for over a year (no exaggeration). No one at Adobe knows what it is or how to get rid of it, but it's definitely something tied to my Adobe CC account. I've tried everything recommended in various threads around the web. I have Adobe CC on 2 computers (1 desktop and 1 laptop), and it appears in both places. So frustrating.

Here's a link to Adobe's original blog post about it: Creative Cloud Exclusive and Free! Flypaper Select – High Resolution Textures Pack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, Llehua. I have moved this discussion to the Adobe Exchange forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello EJToll,

You are getting the folder because you have acquired the product Flypaper Texture Taster from Adobe exchange. I request you to login to https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/my_addons  and click on remove. Once you click on remove it will delete the folder "Flypaper Textures" from your desktop and it will not come back until you install this add-on again.

Regards,

Adobe Exchange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines