• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch skips photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple batch that runs a plugin to sharpen, resizes, saves, then saves a different size in another location. I've been using this batch for a long time with no trouble. I just got a new Macbook Pro and migrated all my stuff. My batch works but when I batch a set of photos, say 300, then the folder with the smaller sized version may only have 283. It's skipping photos periodically during the resize and save to another location. Any ideas? I'm using the export>save for web legacy to do this.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use a Mac can you  post the actions you are having problems with so we can look at them to see it we see any problems in them.  Actions have dependences.  When they fail it often because of the documents being processes with the action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJ. Here is the action. The problem is somewhere between Test Web 1920px, which just uses Fit Image to resize to 1920px on the long side and then sharpens, and the Export>Save for Web. Here is the action:

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.04.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to post that action  is it Fit image 1920 1920 or  fit image 1920 1080. It that the only step. In any case fit image will preserve the images aspect ratio so the resize images sizes will vary with aspect ratio and be fitted to the pixel area recorded in the fit image action.   I have never recorded Export Save for web I would only use that for saving animated gif.   If any step is failing I would think the one that is failing is export save for web. I'm not familiar with recorder save for web and it may be you using a Mac for the way google drive is recorded.  When you batch the action do you have it stop on errors or record errors.  If record were any errors  logged.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. It uses Image Size and not fit image. I also have it stop on errors. The only time I get errors is if I close my laptop and I get an error on that single photo and it progresses on the rest per normal.

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.07.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I see there is the your not using Adobe Fit image plug-in you using Image size.   A resize Portrait Image would have a height much larger the 1920 and resize landscapes may have a height larger or smaller than 1080.   All resized image will be 1920 wide.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes that's on purpose because I export these small ones to fit my blog. Would this be causing the skipped images, though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines