• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to retain headers and footers when converting PDF to DOC?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have utilized the "Add Header and Footer" feature to create my header and footer. However, when I export the PDF to a word file, either a DOC or DOCX, the headers and footers that I added do not appear! Does anyone know how to retain headers and footers when converting PDF to DOC / DOCX ?

In case you want some background info on my project, I generated a PDF with my custom DITA OT plugin, but I also want to generate a word file of this same project. The best solution seemed to be Adobe Acrobat's export feature. I just need a way to get properly working headers and footers into the doc file, looking the same as the PDF. They have to go into Word's designated space for headers and footers so that their contents don't shift up and down when people type. I hope that makes sense. If you have any questions, please do let me know!

( At present, the headers and footers from my plugin transformation simply go into the flowing content in the word file. I plan to remove them and do the headers and footers in Acrobat instead, if this is possible. )

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?