• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Originals in CC after Classic Migration

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished the process of migrating my main catalog to LR CC while maintaining  my LR Classic CC install. All seems fine but I would like to now remove the originals that LR CC made during the migration process. The first time I tried changing the drive location but got a bunch of exclamation ! errors saying many of the images were missing so I changed it back. I changed it a second time and LR CC attempted to move all of the originals to the other drive.

What is the best process for removing the originals in LR CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC manages the cache intelligently. So your originals will drop out of storage automatically unless images are actively being worked on/ edited. However you can delete originals manually if everything is backed up in the cloud.

Go to:

Preferences >> Local Storage

Click the browse button next to your nominated storage location and find the folder Lightroom CC. Inside that folder you should find another with a long string of letters and numbers. Double-clicking opens the originals folder. The year folders will contain dated sub-folders and then image files. You can delete the year folders e.g. 2014, 2015, 2016 2017 etc. That will leave the Originals folder empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to explain what you are trying to achieve.

when you are working with Lightroom Classic CC you original files are stored on your computer system e.g on your HDD, external HDD or network connected HDD.

The new Lightroom CC copies your original files to web storage in the Adobe Creative Cloud.

Which image file storage you wish to delete, the Cloud storage or the Storage on your computer system?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the files in Lr Classic will be kept in their regular folders as an archive or local backup in addition to the originals in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm keeping LR Classic catalog as my archive.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I just needed to delete the originals folder first, then point to the new location which is an internal drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote “I'm keeping LR Classic catalog as my archive.”

Just so you are aware, the Lightroom Catalog does not contain your image files. The files are stored on your computer hard drives.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but I'm well aware. Been using Lightroom since early betas of the first version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines