• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

applescript that works in PS CC 2015 won’t compile in 2017

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AppleScript that rasters PDFs as TIFFs. It works. I just can’t edit it. When I open it, the Photoshop commands are in Raw format, with double angle brackets, as if the dictionary is missing. (I have the dictionary — it’s open and I’m looking at it.)

If I tell it to use the CS6 dictionary (the only other installed version I have) it works.

[apparently I can’t make a post that includes the code]

This is the weird part: If I quit Photoshop (2017), then recompile the script, it appears normally.

Then, after I launch Photoshop again, if I try to compile the script one more time, with PS open I get: "Syntax Error Expected class name but found identifier.” with “PDF” after “open my file as…” highlighted.

As I said, I’ve got the dictionary for 2017 open, and I’m looking at it, as well as the “Photoshop CC Scripting Guide (2015)” (the last one they made) to see what I’m doing wrong, or if the code changed, and I’m writing it exactly as it says to.

If I don’t touch anything, and just run the script, it works like it’s supposed to.

Except now of course I want to add a line, and I can’t.

I’m thinking maybe there’s some scripting additions file for this version of PS that didn’t get updated when we moved from 2015 to 2017. I’m looking for any suggestions as to where I can start looking.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an example of what the code looks like:

tell application "Adobe Photoshop CS6"

set myfile to alias "[alias path]"

open myfile as PDF with options {class:PDF open options, mode:RGB, resolution:72, use antialias:true}

end tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently copy/pasting the text including the Raw commands returns, “Your content cannot be posted as it includes a keyword that has been blocked. Please try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines