• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Illustrator not possible

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to export a certain drawing to Illustrator. Though I am logged in with the same Adobe Account the export to Illustrator doesn’t work.

Text of the alert:

„Fehler beim Senden. Senden an Desktop-Anwendung fehlgeschlagen. Versuchen Sie es erneut.“

Best regards,

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Anna.

I'm going to email you at the .de email address associated with your forum profile. Watch out for an email from Adobe titled "Adobe Draw - Simplified."

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna.

I'm sorry it's not working.

The first thing I'd like you to do is check to see that when you log in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw all the work that's on your device  is showing up there.

Then, a few questions:

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* If it's just the one drawing, is there anything unusual about it? Is it more complex? Does it have an Image Layer? Does it have a lot of layers?

* How is your wifi connection? When sending a complex drawing, if the connection is spotty or slow the transfer will time out. If you have access to one, please try using a different wifi network and see if you get the same result.

* Are you able to save a PDF of the drawing to CC Files (to check, tap the same Share icon in the upper nav but choose Send to CC Files as PDF)?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

thanks for your reply.

I checked already before – all my work is showing up there.

– I have trouble only with one drawing which is a little bit more complex. I tried with some VERY simple drawings, they worked.

– The concerned drawing has only one layer.

– My wifi connection is fine. I have no access to another wifi network. iPad and iMac have a distance of 20 cm.

– I saved the drawing already several times as png or jpg, but the resolution is too low and, what is more important, i want to change the drawing in Illustrator.

Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna.

So it sounds like it's definitely the drawing then...

Please see if you're able to save it as a PDF (it's different from saving it as a .png). From the Share menu choose Send to CC Files as PDF. If it saves you'll be able to see it when you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/files.

If that doesn't work, I'm probably going to need you to share the drawing with me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue.

Export to PDF is still running. I could send you an invitation for slack to check the drawing.

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue.

Same alert for PDF as for export to Illustrator.

Link to the drawing:

[pulled]

Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna.

That's what I figured. I've sent your drawing to one of our engineers. It needs to be simplified. I can see, just from the type of drawing it is, that there are too many strokes in it to send to the desktop.

I'll email you, at the email address that you use for the forums, as soon as I have a version of it that can be opened. Hopefully today...

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue.

The problem is that the drawing is not yet completed... I just needed to work with a first version.

Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna.

Do you need to work on it in Illustrator? Or still in Draw?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue.

I need to work on the drawing in Draw. So perhaps I first finish the drawing and then send it again to you?

Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna.

Yes. Sure. That's totally fine.

One thing I want you to keep an eye on while you continue to work on it... Make sure it's syncing to Creative Cloud (sometimes as drawings get more and more complex, the changes stop syncing then there's an even bigger problem).

If at any point you notice that it's not syncing, please stop working on it.

You can email me a link to it through the in-app feedback (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav then Send Feedback) so you don't have to post that publicly.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sue.

finally the drawing is finished, but as you expected syncing is difficult or not working. Here comes the link: [removed]

Is it working? I would be glad if your engineers could change it so that it can be opened in Illustrator.

But my question now: I recently bought iPad and Apple Pencil mainly in order to draw and work on it. But of course a reliable connection to Illustrator or Photoshop is essential. Will this be improved by Adobe?

Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna.

I've got it. I'll send it to one of our engineers right now.

I'm not sure what the solution will end up being, but the Draw team is working on how to resolve this issue about work being too complex to send to the desktop.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna.

I'm going to email you at the .de email address associated with your forum profile. Watch out for an email from Adobe titled "Adobe Draw - Simplified."

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue.

Everything worked well. Thank you so much!

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome Anna.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines